PDA

View Full Version : How HOT is it?

Digitalwoodshop
02-07-2008, 03:26 PM
How many times do you wonder "HOW HOT IS IT?".... I am talking about your Spindle or your Cutting cable.

There has been a few posts about the temp of the cut cable housing, using a IR thermometer or the old touch test.

I was thinking a while back that I had ran into temperature sensor labels in my Navy Days and a search of the web didn't find them. I thought sticking them on the cable or spindle would be an indicator of temp. But no such luck....

Then the other day I popped the cover off a Laser from my collection of spare laser parts as I was shipping the old unused lasers back for the core charge. What do I see inside but a temperature label with dots showing the temp. They are non reversible and are used to show improper cooling of the Laser by the Manufacture. The labels were made by Omega.....

So off the the Omega sight I go.... and the new technology has developed a reversible temperature sensing lable..... Check this out....

http://www.omega.com/ppt/pptsc.asp?ref=RLC-80&Nav=temf01

The 100 to 220 degrees F label might be just the thing to place on your machine.....

$15.00 for 10 but $8.00 for shipping..... Interesting.....

AL

Jeff_Birt
02-07-2008, 04:07 PM
Al, that is very cool! I'm thinking that the 50-150 might be better as it would let you know if the machine was too cold. The RCLM model looks small enough to fit on the spindle as well. They did not have prices listed for those models though. I'll contact them for a price.

If there are several folks interested let me know. I might consider ordering some in bulk and selling them by the piece postage paid (shipped first class mail). (Unless Al, want to do so. I don't want to steal your thunder Al, I just think it is a great idea.)

Jeff_Birt
02-07-2008, 04:11 PM
Upon further investigation it seems that the smaller ones don't have the required range. Still, if anyone is interested in a group buy. Let me know.

Digitalwoodshop
02-07-2008, 07:01 PM
Jeff,

Go for it !!!! Please do it. I am too busy here to do it right...

Count me in for 2 sets for my 2 machines....

I agree with low and high.....

AL

shoe2728
02-07-2008, 07:40 PM
If you get these count me in also

dcurrysr
02-07-2008, 08:43 PM
Jeff;
You can count me in for a couple, I would like to see how they well they work. Let me know if and when you get some.
Dave

Jeff_Birt
02-07-2008, 09:24 PM
I've contacted a US manufacture of these type thermometers to get a quote for getting some custom manufactured to fit both the physical space available and the temperature range required for our use. I'll let you guys know what I find out.

forqnc
02-08-2008, 08:26 AM
Definetley interested Jeff,
Thanks

Icutone2
02-08-2008, 08:47 AM
Hello Jeff, count me in for 1 set as well, sounds like a great idea!
Far better than the hand method.

Hank
02-08-2008, 09:03 AM
Add me to the list

hotpop
02-08-2008, 01:21 PM
Jeff

I'm good for two of them.

Rickrljones
02-08-2008, 02:53 PM
I'll can use one for my system, thanks for offering.