PDA

View Full Version : New Machine

Vic
02-06-2008, 09:36 PM
Getting new machine. I have all the recommended lubricants, 900 CFM dust collector and downdraft table setup. I have read all of the .pdf documents and messages I can find. I read the forum almost every night. I do not have a ground for the machine for static charge but the collector has a ground shield on it. I am not sure after reading the forum if I need to ground the machine or not. I do not intend to use compressed air on the machine, only a vacuum. These are ideas I have picked up mostly from the forum. I expect to do some maintenance & repair on the machine but would rather not spend more time working on it than using it. I would appreciate any other ideas anyone has that might keep the machine & Me happy.

Gunner
02-07-2008, 10:20 AM
I always like to have my equipment grounded. I attached a ground to the to the main structure where the rubber foot is mounted. Using a piece of #14 wire with crimp connectors on both ends. Then attached to the cover screw on the outlet that the machine is plugged into. Same as using a three prong plug to a two prong outlet adapter.

Gunner