PDA

View Full Version : Simple Question

hetzerguitars
02-06-2008, 07:53 PM
So I've found that the best way to use my shapes are to take the object use outline pattern, do carve region, and there it's my shape. Nice and smooth. But once I do that. I can't give them an X,Y. I can do from center point. But I need to be able to say make this box, 2.95 from this box. And I can't just fine a measure from point A to B. I know there is the status bar of the app. But is there no ruler ?

I started doing the outline because my imported shapes were always too jagged. Even after I use the pattern editor. They were just never good enough. But if I did the outline and said ".50" deep. They turned out perfect. Am I going about this all wrong.

- Jim

forqnc
02-07-2008, 08:37 AM
The ruler shows up at the bottom of the screen, LH side of the board is 0.

DocWheeler
02-07-2008, 11:21 AM
hetzerguitars,

If you use the Attach feature, in the dropdown when the object is clicked, you can accurately position the objects. Click on a corner, select attach, click on an X edge or grid, and then do the same for the Y direction. Do this for each object!
Each "Attachment" will allow you to enter a dimension!

Bones1963
02-13-2008, 10:54 AM
Can Anyone Tell Me What The Query Select Is For When You Click On It You Get Two Arrows One Up And One Down?

hotpop
02-14-2008, 07:51 AM
I guess nobody knows. I've been wondering about myself.