PDA

View Full Version : Inserting the bit in the chuck

zman
02-06-2008, 04:41 PM
I am at the point of inserting a bit. It tell me to lift up on the quick release chuck. I have tried to push up on the chuck flange and it goes up but then comes back down. I can not get the bit in using the tool. Is the chuck suppose to stay in the up position? If so it is not. Any ideas

Zman

DocWheeler
02-06-2008, 05:14 PM
Zman,

try rotating the chuck a little before/while lifting the collar, that helps mine.

rjustice
02-06-2008, 05:54 PM
Zman,
It is supposed to stay up in a "cocked" position. As Ken stated if you watch carfully it rotates as you pull it up. If you keep twisting it in that same direction it should hold itself up. Then the idea is that when you push the adapter into the chuck it should snap back down to lock the tool in.
If it wont hold itself up, then simply hold it up while you insert the bit adapter into the chuck, and release it so that it "snaps" back down. This pushes 3 small ball bearings into the groove in the bit adapter securing it into the chuck.
The original one with my machine never did act right, but after replacing it, it does lock now until you place the tool into it.

Hope this helps...

Ron

zman
02-06-2008, 06:58 PM
Thanks Guys for the help, that did the trick

Zman

twinpeaksenterprises, LLC
02-06-2008, 07:34 PM
Ya wow make sure your bit chuck is properly working i inserted my new centerline 60 bit and it snapped in place, started up and bam! The bit went flying and busted. Guess im lucky it didnt actually damage the machine but im out 20 dollars for a new bit. Live and learn i guess.