PDA

View Full Version : Workpiece doesn't display - are my settings wrong?

cnsranch
02-05-2008, 12:13 PM
New software installation – when I go to create a new project, set the dimensions of the board and click ok, all I get is the vertical and horizontal center lines – no “board”. When I go to toggle texture, I get that rendering ok, but again, all is black except for the center lines when toggle texture is off. What setting do I have wrong? I have upgraded to 1.126. This is my office computer – installed on my home computer this last Saturday.

Software installation on my home computer has no problems.

Jeff_Birt
02-05-2008, 12:31 PM
I would first try updating your video driver. (Assuming Windows here). Go the the manufacturers website and download the latest driver and install.

cnsranch
02-05-2008, 01:13 PM
Any other suggestions?

DocWheeler
02-05-2008, 01:20 PM
cnsranch,

Not sure what the program would do if it can't find the board color file (like Pine"). You might want to see if that directory is where it should be.

Being at work, I can not offer any details - sorry.

cnsranch
02-05-2008, 01:27 PM
I installed the program on another computer here and it works fine. I've uninstalled and reinstalled on mine - no luck.

cnsranch
02-05-2008, 01:44 PM
Went further with Jeff's suggestion - when I originally checked for video driver updates, I got the message that no new drivers were available. So, I went in and rolled back to the previous driver before my last update - the CW program then worked. I re-updated to the most recent driver, and CW's still operating. So Jeff, you are the genius I thought you were after all.

Thanks for the help fellas!

BTW, just bought my CW at the Kansas City WW show this last weekend. Completed three projects without a hitch - of course, they aren't like the one's I see Doc do, but it's a start - especially when I didn't crash any of them.

zman
02-05-2008, 01:59 PM
If you are running WinXP I would run a system restore and take it back before the software upgrade. Go to Start/programs/accessories/communcations/system tools/system restore
Click on restore computer to an earlier time. Then pick the date before the upgrade. The computer will do its thing and restart by it self. After restart it will tell you if the restore worked. Go ahead and test the software again and If this works I would turn off any anti virus and spyware programs and try the software again. Hope this works

Zman