PDA

View Full Version : pdf's?

Ron
02-03-2008, 08:54 AM
anyone help me with the address for the pdf's on the z truck.I have the dreaded 246 error
Have the top off,first had grooves in hte carving,then clean rails then z axis stall.It doesnt do anything right now but homes then gives the error.Have looked in the forums and checked what was mentioned but didnt see anything obvious

upcedar
02-03-2008, 09:20 AM
ron, i would just take u'r board sensor off & clean it good with good connection. then if it starts homing, play with your crank-handle, lighten up on the presure. i have many stalls but with me it's user mistakes and if i can't find an answer we jump in the 'soup-bowl' here or wait for someone to post it. Best Rick

hotpop
02-03-2008, 09:32 AM
Not sure if this is the one your looking for. I don't know where it is on the forum but I had this one on my computer.

Jeff_Birt
02-03-2008, 10:11 AM
When you machine homes make sure the bit is touching the bit plate (the little flapper in the back).

Ron
02-03-2008, 10:25 AM
its touches the bit plate then goes yo the far left and gives me the error.
I have about a hundred hours first time for this error.Have the old z bundle(i Think)

Jeff_Birt
02-03-2008, 10:28 AM
The bit touches the flat part of the bit plate and then goes to the front (keypad side) and gives you the error? Does it do the little up-down dance at the front of the machine?

Ron
02-03-2008, 11:10 AM
Jeff,at first i would get the error at the bit plate, but when it touches now it goes back to key pad side stops an gives the error

Ron
02-03-2008, 11:12 AM
thanx hotpop, did some reading in there but, I guess Im not sure.I really dont want to send it back!I have a call into lhr guess ill have to wait till Monday or when they get around to me

Ron
02-03-2008, 11:53 AM
update:Now when I pick the project I get the z axis stall right away before it even tries to move.To me it almost sound like it could be electrical?Just a thought,Thanx for all ur help guys.its truly appreciated!!!!

Jeff_Birt
02-03-2008, 12:27 PM
Sounds like you might have a bad Z-pack. Time to call LHR.