PDA

View Full Version : Bit Offset - Cut Path ?

hetzerguitars
02-03-2008, 02:26 AM
I started a new project. Using the spline tool I drew a simple "S" shape on it. I want to use the 1/4" ball nose bit to cut it. I highlighted the shape, and I cannot get the CUT PATH to become highlighted. I watched the Tutorial. And I can't reproduce the same results.

I can choose a bit under "Select Bit". I choose 1/4" bullnose. Ok. Now it cut in the center of the spline. I don't want that. I want my spine to be the outside edge. So I assume from my cad background, I change the Inset. So I do. But it doesn't update it on the screen. It looks the same. At any inset value. Even 1". Is this a limitation of the software? Why does Cut Path only come up sometimes. I could try it on the machine but I don't want to keep wasting wood. Besides something like an S shape would be a little hard to determine if it was 1/8" off in cutting path.

Thanks in advance.

- Jim

DrBob
02-03-2008, 06:25 AM
Hi Jim
Is the S shape just that a S ?
The cut path will only do a cut out, with a closed figure.
inset will that i know of, only go as far as .125 +-
If you can post the file it is easyer to see what is wrong.
Bob

upcedar
02-03-2008, 08:22 AM
I have the same problem with cut-path too, it over cuts the project and then when using it with fonts it takes twice as long to cut-out the project. Lets find an answer! I use a scroll saw to save on machine cut time. Rick;)