PDA

View Full Version : Sliding Guide Plate Problems... Can't feed wood

hetzerguitars
02-02-2008, 11:56 PM
My sliding guide plate is crooked. I have wood that has two sides parallel. And all the wood gets jammed. I know that the wood is parallel. I've tried multiple pieces etc...

I've tried tightening the two screws. But after a few times of feeding wood thru it it becomes crooked. It seems that the whole rod underneath is loose. Any ideas? I don't want to send this thing back. I am just now getting to understand it but I can't feed anything thru it. So maybe I do need to send it.

Can I feed wood without it?

- Jim

kwin
02-03-2008, 07:22 AM
This is a adjustment that you can do. Look up the pdf on changing sandpaper belts to make the plate square to the other plate

deemon328
02-03-2008, 08:23 AM
I can't speak on the belt adjustment, as I haven't done it yet, but I can offer some advice on the sliding guide plate. You can do this adjustment after you work out your belt problems. (http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?t=2073)

With a parallel board in the machine, loosen those two screws on top of the sliding guide plate. Slide the guide plate against the board, and it will align parallel to your board. Tighten the screws to make it stay parallel.