PDA

View Full Version : Cutting Path & More

nv-dave
01-31-2008, 07:08 PM
Hi All,

I am new to the machine and forum. I have had my machine for a few weeks and done a few simple test cuts. I have a couple of questions I hope someone can help with or point me in the right direction:

1) I want to make a plaque in the shape of Nevada. I have imported an outline of the state, but I can't seem to make it into a cutting path. That icon is grayed out.

2) In addition, I want to cut text into the plaque, but I don't want all the wood around each letter to get cut out. When I have done my test cuts using my name, it does cut my name, but angles into each letter. I want it to cut out each letter and not angle to the depth of each letter. For example, with this text I am typing it would only cut where the black letter is and nowhere else.

Thanks in advance, Dave

eromran
01-31-2008, 08:08 PM
Hi All,

I am new to the machine and forum. I have had my machine for a few weeks and done a few simple test cuts. I have a couple of questions I hope someone can help with or point me in the right direction:

1) I want to make a plaque in the shape of Nevada. I have imported an outline of the state, but I can't seem to make it into a cutting path. That icon is grayed out.

2) In addition, I want to cut text into the plaque, but I don't want all the wood around each letter to get cut out. When I have done my test cuts using my name, it does cut my name, but angles into each letter. I want it to cut out each letter and not angle to the depth of each letter. For example, with this text I am typing it would only cut where the black letter is and nowhere else.

Thanks in advance, Dave

You can see a feather in the picture , if when your on your project click on it and change it to zero insted of 1/4 or 1/2 that will take care of your feather edge.