PDA

View Full Version : CorelDraw X4

eromran
01-31-2008, 01:46 PM
I just started playing around with this. In the new corel there is a texture called relief sculpture that is what i used on the picture below. The one picture i got off the net the other I did no adjustment to it i just wanted to see what the worst would be letting the program do all the work. It seems like you could really tweak this a lot to work well with the patterns for us. What do you all think. Has anyone used this. This could be a really easy way to make some patterns.

jpaluck
01-31-2008, 02:20 PM
Is the feature in draw or photo..just downloaded the trial version

eromran
01-31-2008, 02:40 PM
Is the feature in draw or photo..just downloaded the trial version

Corel draw X4 which includes corel photo -paint then its under effects>texture>Relief scupture. Hope this helps

Jon Jantz
01-31-2008, 05:01 PM
PhotoPaint X3 has this feature also. I've played around with it some, couldn't get very good results. It creates a 3d relief based on the lightness/darkness of the image... it doesn't create a height map that has the proper areas raised and lowered. Also next to the indentions and bumps, there's always a dark shadow that creates deep grooves in the carving....

Just my experience with that particular filter. I'm still wishing for a good bitmap image to height map conversion software that is easy to use...