PDA

View Full Version : Jog to starting corner

Lloyd
01-29-2008, 06:40 PM
I just tried toscan an object with my new probe (received yesterday). After installing the probe and turning on the machine the LCD screen shows
Accessory Menu
1) Scan Area
I press enter and the LCD shows
Jog to starting corner
I jog to the place that I want to start scanning and press Enter
I just get
Jog to starting corner

I have tried several times and the results are the same.
I have downloaded the latest version of software 1.126
I have flashed the memory card.
All to no avail. Has anyone seem this problem or the fix for it.

I have also install the new Z bundle, it carves great but no scan.

badger
01-29-2008, 11:56 PM
1- Scan Area

2- Jog to starting corner ( jog to it then it will ask you to confirm)

3- It should then ask you to jog to ending corner (again confirm)

4- It should then ask you to either begin by pressing 1 for scan area or choose 2 for quality or choose 3 for depth of the proble. Usually youll want to place an item on the sled to make sure your probe just stays ever so slighty just above it so your only scanning the item and not the board too.

This way when it tells you it will take or say 5 hours to scan it will actually take less time since your not actually scanning your sled board also. It will actually move faster over the blank area.

I also posted in one of your other post about a video. Its a great video for scanning with the probe. Should only have to search post with probe video and you should see a link for it.

Lloyd
01-30-2008, 07:26 AM
I watched the video, but I can never get past the Jog to starting corner. When I press Enter it just comes back with the samre display. I tried pressing Enter about 10 times and the response was Jog to starting corner.

TerryT
01-30-2008, 07:36 AM
Lloyd,
Does your machine have the "old" or "new" z bundle?

Lloyd
01-30-2008, 08:41 AM
Terry,

It has the new Z bundle.

chipseverywhere
01-30-2008, 02:27 PM
I had the same problem so I turned off the machine and unpluged the scaner and then repluged it checking both connections then started to scan and it work correctly hope this is your problem
take care

Lloyd
02-01-2008, 04:18 PM
I got thru to tech support and they said the probe was bad, have to send it back and when they receive it a new one will be sent out.

Bane
02-02-2008, 11:46 PM
When you have jogged to the start corner. Left arrow and then down arrow. Somewhere in the lower left hand corner of the board, press "enter" two times in quick session it will then ask you to move to the ending corner. A single enter doesn't appear to work on mine. Good luck.

weezimp
05-27-2008, 09:32 PM
This is kind of odd. I have a Sears CC that I bought in May '07. Earlier this year I bought the probe. My machine apparently was the old z bundle since it plugged in with the 1/8" miniplug. After watching the scanning video referred by these forums, I had decent success with scanning.

I left that CC in Florida where I was for the winter and bought a 2nd machine for "up north" (long story that, suffice to say shipping back&forth will soon cost as much as the machine). This is a refurb, and it has the new z bundle apparently.

I brought my probe with me (it had shipped from LHR with the adapter cable) and again, helped by these forums, figured out that I needed to use the cable with the new machine.

When I first tried it I got a similar result as the top of this thread: jog to starting corner, enter, jog to ending corner, enter... nothing. It seemed stuck there. I then tried "double clicking" the enter button, and that worked. I had to do it again later during the depth setting. Very odd. I don't think the probe is faulty, because I used it successfully fairly often on the other machine. There just seems to be something about the new connection that needs the 2nd confirmation.

I don't think the enter button is fussy since I have not needed to double click it for any other operation so far (at least none where the prompt did not change between clicks), so I have to assume its the new bundle logic.

dougmsbbs
05-27-2008, 09:57 PM
Mine has done the same thing since I got the new Z pack installed 6 months ago. Sounds like others have the same thing, so we know we're not (too) crazy!