PDA

View Full Version : cut path techniques

cruzer40
01-29-2008, 03:29 PM
I am doing a project that reuuires a cut path (thru the board .75"). about 3/4 the way thru, the machine stops and restarts at a faster rate and the cut out is now @ 1/16 smaller than the first part. I have many of these to do as this is for an Altar rail at my church. Any one out ther who can help educate me on what I'm doing wrong? Thanks.

mtylerfl
01-29-2008, 03:47 PM
I am doing a project that reuuires a cut path (thru the board .75"). about 3/4 the way thru, the machine stops and restarts at a faster rate and the cut out is now @ 1/16 smaller than the first part. I have many of these to do as this is for an Altar rail at my church. Any one out ther who can help educate me on what I'm doing wrong? Thanks.

Hello,

You didn't assign a bit yourself did you? If so, then that can interfere with the proper operation of the cut path feature.

When you apply the cut path feature to an outline, the machine automatically knows that you will be using the 1/8" cutting bit. You do not assign a bit yourself - no need to.

I don't know if this is actually your cause of the problem. Please update me on whether you attempted to manually assign a bit or not.

cruzer40
01-29-2008, 03:58 PM
I followed the machines prompts. Used a 1/8 cut bit. This is my second machine. QC was loose and marred some of the first cutout ( not one of cut paths). Where can I find a 21mm thin wrench and a square blade to tighten the QC?

hotpop
01-29-2008, 05:51 PM
Get in touch with forum member "rjustice". Ron makes and sells the 7/8" flat wrench and square end tool as a set for removing the QC. --> rjustice@hughes.net

The tools make a chuck change a three minute job.

mtylerfl
01-29-2008, 08:27 PM
I followed the machines prompts. Used a 1/8 cut bit. This is my second machine. QC was loose and marred some of the first cutout ( not one of cut paths). Where can I find a 21mm thin wrench and a square blade to tighten the QC?

Hello cruzer40,

Sounds like the QC needs attention alright.

But, I wasn't referring to the machine prompt - it will always prompt for a bit when it comes to that point in the carve. What I was referring to is when you laid out your project in Designer. Some folks mistakenly manually assign a bit to a cut path (thinking they have to do that for some reason) and that can possibly cause the cut path function to misbehave.

Hope you get the problem corrected soon.

cruzer40
01-30-2008, 11:46 AM
I found the problem. In the cut patterns, there was multiple bits selected. I revised the drawing and did not assign a bit and I think that will work. I do need to get the wrench tho'

mtylerfl
01-30-2008, 01:02 PM
I found the problem. In the cut patterns, there was multiple bits selected. I revised the drawing and did not assign a bit and I think that will work. I do need to get the wrench tho'

Hello cruzer40,

That's what I suspected - hopefully it'll work for you now. Please let us know if that nailed it (and after you have tightened your QC of course).