PDA

View Full Version : Version 1.126 Released

cmorlier
01-29-2008, 11:17 AM
Version 1.126 of the Designer has been released. This release is a bug fix release and includes the following improvements:
Fixed disappearing cut paths and related project corruptions
Fixed Error 7 while uploading projects with more than 5 bits
Fixed segmentation faults during compile of some projects using vectors
Fixed extra paths when outlining scaled patterns
Fixed MPW's not remembering depth after saveThe first item should fix many of the problems documented in the thread here: http://www.carvewright.com/forum/showthread.php?p=39590

We strongly recommend everybody upgrade, to avoid losing a project to corruption.

mtylerfl
01-29-2008, 12:53 PM
Hello Chris,

One thing I have been very much looking forward to, is the restoration of the feature of being able to edit my patterns created in Designer versions 1.120 and earlier (by double-clicking on a pattern from my Favorites list and having the probe Pattern Editor open up automatically). Currently with 1.125 I get an error message (i.e., "You may only edit unlicensed patterns which you have authored"), so I have to keep 1.120 active in order to maintain that convenient functionality.

Has this feature been restored in the 1.126 version? (I hope, I hope)

Thanks in advance for your help.

scw
01-29-2008, 03:06 PM
[QUOTE=mtylerfl;42236]Hello Chris,

.....feature of being able to edit my patterns created in Designer versions 1.120 and earlier (by double-clicking on a pattern from my Favorites list and having the probe Pattern Editor open up automatically).

I hear alot of talk about "Pattern Editor". I believe it comes as part of the scanner package?
is it available without the scanner, and what exactly does it allow you to "edit" that Designer wont do?

mtylerfl
01-29-2008, 03:40 PM
[quote=mtylerfl;42236]Hello Chris,

.....feature of being able to edit my patterns created in Designer versions 1.120 and earlier (by double-clicking on a pattern from my Favorites list and having the probe Pattern Editor open up automatically).

I hear alot of talk about "Pattern Editor". I believe it comes as part of the scanner package?
is it available without the scanner, and what exactly does it allow you to "edit" that Designer wont do?

The Pattern Editor is not available separately from the scanning probe (the editor comes included with the probe).

Editing patterns is NOT the same as just putting a pattern on the board in Designer. The editor allows you to, for example, erase a portion of a pattern that you might want to eliminate, then allows you to re-save the pattern as a new variation. Let's say you have a crow perched on a post. Maybe you don't want the post in the pattern. Taking it into the editor allows you to erase the post. There's much more you can do to alter patterns in the editor, but that's just one example.

coop2739
01-30-2008, 08:46 PM
I downloaded version 1.126 this afternoon and updated my version 1.125 but when I bring up Designer it shows version 1.125. Is this right? Shouldn't it show as 1.126?

swhitney
01-31-2008, 09:55 AM
did you have a previous version (1.123 or 1.124) installed? I had the same thing happen, and it actually updated 1.123 and left 1.125 alone. I had named the subdirectory with the version number.

coop2739
01-31-2008, 02:44 PM
No, the only version I've had is 1.125. I thought it would just upgrade to version 1.126.

Dave Boland
01-31-2008, 04:27 PM
Chris - I Can No Longer Export Or Delete Patterns From Favorites. In Most Cases I May Make More Than One Pattern Of The Same Thing. (design Pattern In Corel, Save As #1
Carve, Make Adjustments In Corel, Save As #2 And Carve Again) Once Finalized As Proven Pattern I Was Able To Delete #1 Or Export To Different Location And Keep My Favorites Clutter Free. Now Since Updating Designer I Can No Longer Do This. Why Did You Change This Right Click Feature?
It Was Working Well And Allowed Me To Keep All My Trial And Error Work. Dave

Ken Massingale
01-31-2008, 06:17 PM
[quote=scw;42251]

The Pattern Editor is not available separately from the scanning probe (the editor comes included with the probe).

Editing patterns is NOT the same as just putting a pattern on the board in Designer. The editor allows you to, for example, erase a portion of a pattern that you might want to eliminate, then allows you to re-save the pattern as a new variation. Let's say you have a crow perched on a post. Maybe you don't want the post in the pattern. Taking it into the editor allows you to erase the post. There's much more you can do to alter patterns in the editor, but that's just one example.
I wonder what is the logic requiring purchase of the scanner to have access to the software that allows modifying patterns?

Dave Boland
02-01-2008, 09:38 AM
hello Anybody Home? I don't want a scanner probe. Have no need for one. I would eliminate the post the crow is on in Corel and import into designer only the crow. However I may want to add the post after carving the first time. Back to Corel, make changes and import new into designer. Now I have 2 crow .ptns. AND I want to eliminate the first import from favorites. Before updating to new i could RIGHT click and was given options to Delete or Export. Great for keeping favorites file uncluttered with trial and error attempts. NOW NO CAN DO. WHY???

mtylerfl
02-01-2008, 11:44 AM
hello Anybody Home? I don't want a scanner probe. Have no need for one. I would eliminate the post the crow is on in Corel and import into designer only the crow. However I may want to add the post after carving the first time. Back to Corel, make changes and import new into designer. Now I have 2 crow .ptns. AND I want to eliminate the first import from favorites. Before updating to new i could RIGHT click and was given options to Delete or Export. Great for keeping favorites file uncluttered with trial and error attempts. NOW NO CAN DO. WHY???

Hello Dave,

I have not updated to 1.126 so I cannot answer your questions because I am not familiar with it at all. Just thought I'd respond so you wouldn't think your post had not been noticed.

BearlyRich
02-01-2008, 02:10 PM
Hello Chris,

One thing I have been very much looking forward to, is the restoration of the feature of being able to edit my patterns created in Designer versions 1.120 and earlier (by double-clicking on a pattern from my Favorites list and having the probe Pattern Editor open up automatically). Currently with 1.125 I get an error message (i.e., "You may only edit unlicensed patterns which you have authored"), so I have to keep 1.120 active in order to maintain that convenient functionality.

Has this feature been restored in the 1.126 version? (I hope, I hope)

Thanks in advance for your help.

Yes, give us back the pattern editor that we paid for! (yes, I have the probe...)

Dyna Rider
02-01-2008, 02:30 PM

Hi Dave

Seems to be working fine for me in version 1.126. Right click on the pattern in the Favorites list. I’m then given three selections, Delete, Rename and Export. Right or left Click Delete, up pops a Confirm Delete Item window, select ok and it’s removed from my Favorites list. Some other things seem to be acting a little different then I remember them acting in the evaluation copy I download, but that might just be memory.

Bill

Dave Boland
02-02-2008, 11:28 AM
bill - i can only delete ptn after right click. i get message when trying to export.
"YOU ARE NOT AUTHORIZED" CAN YOU?

DrBob
02-02-2008, 11:41 AM
Hi Dave
Is the pattern that you are trying to delete a red color?
Bob

Paul Brown
02-02-2008, 11:58 AM
I've had the same problem with 1.25. I know with the red patterns, it's not possible till ya purchase them. But when ya try and use some of the patterns that we got from the free pattern that other people have designed, I get a
pop-up saying "editing this pattern not a llowed". Paul Brown

Dave Boland
02-02-2008, 04:56 PM
Dr. Bob, No red patterns, I create all my own. Dave

Mikewiz
02-02-2008, 05:01 PM
bill - i can only delete ptn after right click. i get message when trying to export.
"YOU ARE NOT AUTHORIZED" CAN YOU?

Were your patterns created in 1.120? If so you cannot export them anymore.

mtylerfl
02-02-2008, 06:42 PM
Were your patterns created in 1.120? If so you cannot export them anymore.

That's another one of the issues I'm really hoping will be corrected in a future update. :eek:

Dave Boland
02-03-2008, 09:34 AM
Got my answer. My machine is a Cowboys fan. Everytime my Jaguars play it breaks down.:) All my ptns. designed prior to 1.126 can no longer be exported. I can only delete them.

Dave Boland
02-03-2008, 11:00 AM
I forgot to say THANKS. I really appreciate the help. Thank you guys. Dave