PDA

View Full Version : Can someone carve me some things?

phazer42
01-28-2008, 07:05 PM
I would love to buy one of these, as I think they are really really cool, but at this time I don't have any cash to buy a $2k piece of equiptment. So, I was curious if any of the current owners, of this CNC machine or another wood cutting machine would be willing to cut some picture frames for me?

Basically what I am looking for is a carving of a Hummer H1 where the windows would be either 4x6 or 5 x 7 picture frames. I think I have the perfect picture, which could be scaled to the right size as needed. I am looking at using this for a gift in my club.

I can do all of the finishing work, just I need it cut out. I live in Michigan (detroit area), let me know if you think you can help me out.

phazer42@comcast.net

badger
01-28-2008, 08:09 PM
Playing around with it for a bit, not too sure what scale your looking at. But for the windows to be 4x6 or 5x7 the size of the hummer pattern would need to be more than 20inches in length which isnt a problem and around to maybe more than 20inches wide to have close to 4x6inch windows.

The machine is limited to 15 (just under)inches wide. Not to say it couldnt be done the project would have to be done in two parts and for something that size I would imagine it would be a little costly. It might be easier to cut out a piece in the shape of a hummer and then use a router to place some detail on it and then cut out your slots for the window.

badger
01-28-2008, 08:16 PM
As you can see by this pattern its 24 x 15 and the window size is only around 2x2

phazer42
01-28-2008, 09:42 PM
thanks for the quick reply! Attached is an image that might work. Now, what could be done could be to dow this in two parts ad then do a simple lap joint and then glue / nail the two together.... the image doesn't have to be the same as this fronta image, just enough to tell that its a Hummer....