PDA

View Full Version : How hard would it be to make this?

crowbait
01-28-2008, 06:53 PM
Can some of you folks that have used the machine, give me an idea of hard hard it would be to cut something like this out?

Assume I was able to create the object without too much trouble using the software.

I'm mainly curious how easily it is for the machine to cut smaller objects like this, with internal cut-outs.

Its: 11" X 3-3/4" X 1/4"

http://i3.ebayimg.com/07/i/000/a8/68/72cf_1_b.JPG

twinpeaksenterprises, LLC
01-28-2008, 07:12 PM
Im a fairly new carver and i believe that would be a somewhat easy project. I havnt done anything like that yet but it could easily be configured into the designer program and once you do that you can just produce them. I would guesstimate that would be a one hour project depending on what quality you are using on the machine. The software also comes with some patterns similar to the one in question. Ill let some more senior carvers jump in here. Good Luck.

deemon328
01-28-2008, 07:14 PM
Carving like this is exactly what the machine does best. There's a tutorial here somewhere regarding making just such a pierced carving as you have in the photo.

If those kinds of things are your main goal with the CW, then you're all set.

The "DH"
01-29-2008, 05:48 AM
That would carve very well, even better in a hard wood.... If you don't have a probe to scan the item, I'm pretty sure one of the stores has that pattern or you may even find it in a search of the pattern depot!!! Happy Carving

crowbait
02-15-2008, 10:44 PM
Since it's pierced, do I need to tape the board down, or how does that work?

liquidguitars
02-15-2008, 11:47 PM
You can make tabs to hold your project parts in place..
LG

TIMCOSBY
02-16-2008, 01:26 AM
trial software and give it a try to see if it is what you want. as far as making the pattern thats a little more involved if you aren't scanning a model to get it or buying one.

ChrisAlb
02-16-2008, 04:07 AM
Can some of you folks that have used the machine, give me an idea of hard hard it would be to cut something like this out?

Assume I was able to create the object without too much trouble using the software.

I'm mainly curious how easily it is for the machine to cut smaller objects like this, with internal cut-outs.

Its: 11" X 3-3/4" X 1/4"

Hi Crowbait,

I've use the machine a lot and still I wondered about "Small internal cut outs". Take a look at this project I just finished for a customer. Should ease you worries a bit..

Chris

Baumer
02-17-2008, 02:46 PM
So I take it that the first pic is the project is half done and you need to turn it over to finish cutting from other side??
Second pic is the finished piece.
Third is all of the pieces glued together. That had to take a long time to do.
Baumer

forqnc
02-18-2008, 10:02 AM
So I take it that the first pic is the project is half done and you need to turn it over to finish cutting from other side??
Second pic is the finished piece.
Third is all of the pieces glued together. That had to take a long time to do.
Baumer

Baumer, check this thread out Chris really pushed the machine
http://www.carvewright.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6099