PDA

View Full Version : cutting out a carved pattern

notjustquilling
01-27-2008, 11:10 AM
I would like to cut out a carved pattern. I placed the pattern on the board in designer, than outlined the pattern, than selected the cutout option.
When I load this onto the machine the first thing it asks for is my cutting bit. Is this proper? I mean should it be cutting out the shape before the pattern is carved?
Thanks for any insite.
Joan
Never mind. I found the answer.

Skyhawk
01-27-2008, 11:29 AM
Joan...This is normal for this machine. Prior to the actual carving you will be asked for each bit used on your pattern. After all of the bits have been measured you will be asked for the carving bit again and the carving will start!

Digitalwoodshop
01-27-2008, 08:05 PM
It will ask for the last bit first to put the bit details in memory.

AL

ruggybear
01-27-2008, 09:12 PM
My Opinion,

I do not think that the bit details are saved in memory during the initial process of asking for each and every bit. When I first got the machine I use to go through the entire process and soon tired of changing the bits before it carved. So I tried just loading the carving bit as it was the first one used, letting the mahine cycle through, asking for all of the bits but never changing any of them.

After the machine finally carved and then asked for bit changes, I then would change the bits and the machine goes through its antics of measuring etc. again and does its thing.

I have had no problem doing this and still follow my process everytime.

I think the initial process is just to make sure you have all of the required bits for the project ready.

Comments?

Ken

bjbethke
01-27-2008, 09:41 PM
I think the machine needs to go through that routine to transfer the information from the flash card to the controller board. The machines Controller Board Assembly can read and write to your Flash Card. It goes through that routine to set up the machine. If you have any errors. It will write that back to your Flash Card so you can send that information to LHR

The machine works from the controller board. Not from the card.