PDA

View Full Version : Depth of Probe

jwhllh55
01-27-2008, 09:52 AM
Is there anyway to get a deeper depth to the probe? I have a couple of items that are about 1.5" deep.. Can adding a platic something on the end add to it's depth?
Thanks,
John Hammett

Bubbabear
01-27-2008, 10:17 AM
MY guess is that the probe will only measure 1" deep as this is the deepest the machine will cut.. Just my guess

ChrisAlb
01-27-2008, 01:08 PM
I'd have to agree with Bubbabear on this. While it may be possible to extend the probes length like with the tip of a model glue tubes end, I wouldn't take the chance. Plus, even if you did extend it so it went down further, it would likely not be able to rise above the highest part of what you're scanning. And not to be picky...lol but since the CW will only cut 1" deep anyway, what would be the point? Just curious.

Jeff_Birt
01-27-2008, 01:43 PM
I have scanned items between 1.6" - 1.7" with the probe. You MUST be very careful as any sharp ledges will let the probe body hit the item being scanned. Your item needs to have sufficient slope to clear the probe body. you can jog the probe around and try touching it down at various placed to check.

badger
01-28-2008, 07:36 PM
Jeff is correct. I too have had items scanned at depths deeper than 1.5inches. It will let you know in the designer that the depth is too deep so that is where you will make your adjustments to the pattern to bring it back under 1".

But as long as you do check your project before the scan the probe does clear items more than 1.5" you just have to be careful and do some testing first.

TIMCOSBY
01-31-2008, 11:01 PM
the body you just get a z failure. had it happen twice did not blow anything up.