PDA

View Full Version : Keep getting clear board sensor (even though its completely clean) and other randoms

Pianoman
01-27-2008, 12:45 AM
Whenever I load a piece of wood, I keep getting the clear board sensor error. that happened to me like a month ago, so I took it out and cleaned it. I tried that now and put it all back together, and it keeps saying it.

Spanglerg@hotmail.com
01-27-2008, 03:20 AM
Make sure you clean the board sensor eye on the truck; it is located behind the Quick Change tool chuck. It is a small rectangular box (approx. 1/4" X 1/2).
It can be difficult to locate, but after you locate it just give it a shot of compressed air and wipe it off with a soft cotton rag. There is a good explanation in the owner’s manual w/ pictures, and diagrams. CW recommends cleaning after every project, which I neglected to do for the first 8 months. I guess I just got lucky.

larry711
01-27-2008, 04:29 AM
i had the same problem did everything the book said to do nothing worked. i called tec. suport they ran me through a few checks and it was a loose wire
in the sensor. they sent me a new sensor. now my machine is good as gold. tec. suport people are great.

bamaman315
01-27-2008, 04:40 AM
you may want to check your board, the color of it sometimes affect it. I put blue painters tape on my boards that give me problems like that and 9 times out of 10 that is what I needed to do. Just make sure it is in the direct path of the board sensor.

Good Luck

ChrisAlb
01-27-2008, 04:58 AM
I had the same thing when I first got the machine. Finally got to the point of disassembly and cleaning the inside of the sensor window. I like to use a dry Q-tip to wipe it clean now. The sensor window is slightly recessed and the Q-tip gets in there nicely. Haven't had a problem since.

Hawg_man
01-27-2008, 06:13 AM
If you have taken it out you may have a bad connection as they are delicate and have very small wires, also you need to seal it if you are using air to clean your macjine. I hear a lot of people using air but as a machinist I would Never use air to clean metal cutting equipmen as it will blow particles into areas which can cause more issues than what it is worth. If you insist on using air use a very low pressure but never blow into the sensor area. I inspect and wipe mine using an automive mirror with the handle and Q-tips. I have 201 hours and have only had to dis-assemble and clean once.
Bob