PDA

View Full Version : Browser Error problem

fwharris
01-26-2008, 11:48 AM
Need some help!!

First of all I have searced all of the all of the posts for the "browser error"
and found that others were having the same problem in mid '07. I could not find any solutions that were posted. I figure it has to be something with my browser settings. I have checked my firewall, security settings etc.

What I am attempting to do is upgrade from 1.120 to the new version. When I do the "check for updates" in designer I get the "browser error" pop up. I also get the samething when I try to access the forum from the help menu.

If I can not get to the upgrade from designer is there another way to down load it?

I also thought about doing the download the trail version. Would that be the same as the regular install for the full version and still be registered?

Jeff_Birt
01-26-2008, 11:56 AM
This usually occurs if you have installed Internet Explorer to a different location than its default. Designer tries to launch it from the default location and produces the error when it can't find explorer.

So you can install IE in its default location or you can download it directly:
http://www.carvewright.com/downloads/designer_1_125.exe

fwharris
01-26-2008, 12:02 PM
Jeff,

Thanks for the quick reply on this. Saw that you was on today and hoped you would see this. I will double check my explorer location to be sure of that. If I can not figure that out I will just use the link you gave me..

Just noticed this post got me to "member" status!!!!

fwharris
01-26-2008, 12:08 PM
Jeff,
just checked the location and it is C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer.

Is that suppose to be the default location?

hotpop
01-26-2008, 12:09 PM
When in Designer and trying to access the forum or check for updates, I get the browser error also. I always figured the cause was Internet Express was not my primary browser. I use Mozilla Firefox.

I've always gotten this error regardless of which Designer release is loaded. Anyway I just ignore the error, it doesn't cause any problems.

fwharris
01-26-2008, 12:15 PM
Mel,

I thougt it was my browser as well. Just did not know what the "real" cause was. I am running designer on a lap top and my desk top. Desk top has no problem just the lap top.

Also see that we both join in Sept. '07...

thanks for the feedback

hotpop
01-26-2008, 12:32 PM
Jeff

What does that file link do?

fwharris
01-26-2008, 12:43 PM
Mel,

Are you asking about the file link the designer? or the link he posted in the forum here?

Jeff_Birt
01-26-2008, 12:44 PM
It's just a link to download Designer 1.125.

Mikewiz
01-26-2008, 01:19 PM
Hey

I had the same problem when I got my new computer. I also could not download from the website that jeff is talking about. I called LHR and they had me download it from them directly, they had to walk me through it and give me passwords I believe. Just give them a call and they will help you out.