PDA

View Full Version : How long should this take?

cepalermo
01-24-2008, 02:45 PM
This is a simple small box side with dado cuts(squared). I really need to know how long something like this would take start to finish.
Sorry for such a simple question , but I need this to help research my buying decision.

Thanks
cepalermo

Dirtydan
01-24-2008, 03:12 PM
It will take longer to set the machine up than to do the carvings...LOL...

About 1 minute or less for each dado, so 4 minutes at the max... more like 2 or 3...

Sorry, should have looked at it better, I just assumed you were going to use a standard stright bit and not the carving bit...

Well for one thing the dado will not be square cut using the carving bit and you will not end-up with the dado grove you wanted. I'd use a 0.250 stright bit for the top two, and make a second pass on the second on to pick up the difference. On the bottom grove, will 0.016 make enought difference to not use a 0.250 bit? If not, there's three you can use the 0.250 bit on.. The next to the bottom one will take two paths with a 0.125" bit....... With the bit changes the time might be around 5-6 minutes....

This is a simple small box side with dado cuts(squared). I really need to know how long something like this would take start to finish.
Sorry for such a simple question , but I need this to help research my buying decision.

Thanks
cepalermo

TIMCOSBY
01-24-2008, 03:18 PM
24 minutes on normal, 36 min on best, 17 minutes on draft. just beacuse the machine can do routing and dado's doesn't mean its the best job for it. but you can start it and walk away and od other stuff sorta like duplicating yourself. maybe if the bits was changed to diff. ones dans figures may be right i didn't check i just uploaded what yous posted.

cepalermo
01-24-2008, 03:56 PM
thank you both for your time. It was appreciated.