PDA

View Full Version : If it has not been 30 days return it

sewilliams
01-24-2008, 10:32 AM
This is the worst experience with a company I have ever had. They send me parts to fix their machine that did not work out of the box. Then after trying to replace things 6 times I asked about returning it, and because it had been more than 30 days they would not let me. 30 days of me trying to fix something that did not work once!!!!!!! I would recommend that if you have not had the machine for more than 30 days return it while you can. After I asked about returning the machine they were angry with me on the phone and even yelled at me. I am extremely disappointed with their customer service and regret the day I thought about purchasing this machine.

pkunk
01-24-2008, 10:40 AM
Were you speaking to Sears or LHR? LHR has a 1 year or 200 hour guarantee on this machine. They are also usually very good about fixing any problems.

sewilliams
01-24-2008, 11:17 AM
30 days applies to if you want to return the machine, even if it does not work. Also they charge you $60 for the #$@%^# box if you loose it.

LoydB
01-24-2008, 11:17 AM
If you paid for it with a credit card, contact your credit card company.

Dyna Rider
01-24-2008, 12:30 PM
Hello sewilliams

Contact the Better Business Bureau of Houston and South Texas here’s the link
www.bbbhou.org

This is their link to the file on LHR Technologies, Inc (CarveWright)
http://www.data.bbb.org/scripts/cgiip.exe/WService=houston/houston/showrpt.html?language=english&bis=n&zid=22010615

Bill

John
01-24-2008, 01:13 PM
In Michigan:

"Even if a merchant clearly discloses its no-return policy, there remain certain situations in which a merchant must allow the consumer to return merchandise."......"If the merchandise is defective or not as represented, the consumer may return the item."

http://www.michigan.gov/ag/0,1607,7-164-34739_20942-44683--,00.html

It is probably safe to say all states have a similar law.

Jeff_Birt
01-24-2008, 02:21 PM
Only knowing one side of the story I hesitate to comment but...

Folks, you KNOW that LHR will repair it and pay for the shipping but you gotta have the box. If you are silly enough to throw away the box (for anything) then that is your mistake. Every return policy on any piece of equipment I can remember reading has clearly stated that you must have all the original packaging.

If it were me, I think I would stress that I had it for more than the return period because I was trying to work with them to get it working. It would also be a good idea to call back and ask to speak with that supervisor and nicely explain the situation. By all reports, and judging by my own personal experience, LHR is a good company to deal with but everybody can have a bad day. Still my friend, you have to pony up for the proper box.

newcarver
01-24-2008, 04:05 PM
They seem to be having alot of "bad days" lately. From the amount of posts about the bad service i bet you could do a search on the phrase "everyone can have a bad day"

Jeff_Birt
01-24-2008, 04:17 PM
I just tried search for "everyone can have a bad day" and "bad day" and got zero hits on both. :p

HighTechOkie
01-24-2008, 04:24 PM
Which only goes to show how worthless the search feature is, considering there were two posts (in this thread even) with "bad day" in them. :)

newcarver
01-24-2008, 04:31 PM
Which only goes to show how worthless the search feature is, considering there were two posts (in this thread even) with "bad day" in them. :)

hmmmmm:D i wonder

Jeff_Birt
01-24-2008, 04:49 PM
Well, duh...I did not count the two in this thread???

FINGERS
01-24-2008, 05:24 PM
As the machine gets more popular and more people get one you are going to have some unhappy users who have seen the TV ads with BOBBY V making it look so easy that anyone can use it and produce wonderful carvings, well it is and it will, but the fact is that the machine not for everyone and as more of them get out there you'll have more unhappy users for different reasons, Yes the machine isn't perfect and dose need some improvment, but I must say that LHR is there to help make it rite, me an owner of one for over a year have had problems but LHR has been there for me to help make it rite, Having said that next time you call LHR, REMEMBER YOU CAN CATCH MORE FLYS WITH HONNEY

jwhllh55
01-24-2008, 05:31 PM
I have bought more stuff in the last three years I have a hard time keeping up with each of them. However, LHR is the only one of the companies I'm dealing with that has bent over backwards to make sure my machine is up and working. And Yes, I have sent the machine back a few times. But I can't be happier with their service and product.
I did save the box it came in. If anyone has a problem with LHR it's because they are not letting them go the course.
I just wish I had more time to work with my CW and probe. It really does work and make some really cool stuff.
Thanks for the time.
John Hammett

Semper Fi
01-24-2008, 06:59 PM
The installation and instruction manual that came with my machine stated right up front to save the box and packing in case you would need to return the machine for service. Maybe they changed the manual, but that's what mine said.

Ernie

Bill
01-24-2008, 07:42 PM
The installation and instruction manual that came with my machine stated right up front to save the box and packing in case you would need to return the machine for service. Maybe they changed the manual, but that's what mine said.Ernie

And it still does!

Please visit wwww.carvewright.com to check for

and download the latest version of this manual.

Information is added regularly.

CAUTION: Read and follow all Safety Rules and

Operating Instructions before using this product.

Please keep the box and packaging foam from the
CompuCarve machine. This box will be used for
shipping in the event that the unit needs servicing.

Owner Assistance Line: 713-473-6572

LHR Technologies, Inc

www.carvewright.com (http://www.carvewright.com)

Bill
01-24-2008, 08:01 PM
This is the latest version of this manual

download it here (http://www.wrw1.com/CarveWright_manual_01_09_08.pdf)

newcarver
01-26-2008, 08:08 AM
The issue is the fact that the machines are NOT tested before they are sent out to the consumer. If any job i have had, had as many doa's as lhr has had, i and many others would be out of business and work. Quality control is the problem, If they wish to continue to grow as a company, they need to resolve this ASAP. When i get a new machine, or product of any kind and it does not work right out of the box, the last thing i want is to wait longer. I waited almost a month to use mine, 1 doa and 20 days for the reorder. I have been there and it does not make anyone happy. While i will say LHR has gotton better at their tech support since mine was purchased. But with no extended warranty and many issues directly out of the box, the vote of confidence is just not their for most newbie's

deemon328
01-26-2008, 08:23 AM
Mine had 20 minutes of cut motor time when I took it out of the box.

I can understand your frustration...I was there with my first machine. I lasted 3 weeks before I exchanged it. My new one is awesome, and I'm confident in taking paid orders with it.

Beyond user error, which is one of those things that could have been better accounted for with more testing, I believe shipping and machine vibration are big culprits of the problems we see. I wouldn't even consider carving in anything but best quality, carving while not under rollers or using the machine unbolted to the table.