PDA

View Full Version : pattern makers????

RobertP
01-23-2008, 02:14 PM
Anyone here make custom patterns? I am making a poster case and I need a pattern made for the top, I have seen some of the 3D designs made and have been impressed. Here is an idea of what I am working on.

DrBob
01-23-2008, 04:23 PM
Hi Robert P
Were did the pic come from, it looks very familiar,
Just bring the pic into the pattern editor and make any adjustments their and save it to your pattern list.

Bob

RobertP
01-24-2008, 12:58 PM
Hello Bob,

Thanks for your reply, that figure is a from an old Art deco building that I believe is in Syracuse NY.

I have already brought the image into the Carvewright software with less than stellar results, even after some editing, what I ended up doing so far was to make a line drawing using that photo as inspiration, now I just need to figure out how to make a 3D pattern out of it. Hopefully I can find some time this weekend to mess with it in Corel and see what I can come up with. My hopes were just to find someone that knows what they are doing that could make a pattern for me, for a fee of course.:)

ChrisAlb
01-24-2008, 02:54 PM
Anyone here make custom patterns? I am making a poster case and I need a pattern made for the top, I have seen some of the 3D designs made and have been impressed. Here is an idea of what I am working on.

Hi Robert,

I'd be happy to make a custom pattern for you. PM me and we'll discuss your needs. This applies to all out there folks. Since creating patterns is what I'm now doing full time, I'll do my very best for anyone and of course, I'm only happy if you are first.

Chris

TIMCOSBY
01-24-2008, 03:29 PM
try this http://www.carvewright.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5614 its not as good as a real 3d prog would do but gets you close and the more time you take with it the better it comes out. i used corel's photo-paint 13 to do the quick worm.