PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

Ken Massingale
01-23-2008, 06:01 AM
I just registered after lurking for several days. I 'hope' to be a Compucarve owner soon. I ordered from Sears on the 15th and still no machine, tho! They tell me it has shipped but can't tell me the carrier or tracking number. Honestly, this has been the most frustrating order in my life. it's in stock, it's back ordered, the vendor is out of stock, the vendor isn't out of stock, etc.:(:mad:

I'm wondering if the 20% off was worth the hassle.

I'm a fanatic woodworker and am looking forward to the CC. Hopefully Sears will get their act together soon and I'll be bugging the heck out of you folks.

Ken

ChrisAlb
01-23-2008, 06:18 AM
Welcome to the ranks Ken!!

I would hound the heck out of Sears myself. I live in northeast PA, ordered mine from CW in Texas and had it less than a week. Upon ordering, I choose the shipper and method which was UPS standard ground and got an email receipt from CW with the tracking number once it shipped.

Chris

deemon328
01-23-2008, 07:53 AM
Welcome!

The Sears in my area got shipments in on Wednesdays, so I had a max turn around of 8 days when I ordered my second machine on a Tuesday.

I'm definitely not defending them. The second machine I got had an earlier serial number than my first one, leading me to believe that there's a warehouse out there somewhere that they can reduce inventory from.

Make sure that your packaging looks new when your machine finally comes in. They tried to give me a returned machine when I exchanged mine. If it looks funny, open it in the parking lot to make sure that it's factory packaged.

In the meanwhile, download the software and start realizing your projects. It makes the time go faster while you're waiting.

Ken Massingale
01-23-2008, 02:21 PM
Thanks for the welcome Chris and Dustin.

I called Customer Relations and ruined some lady's day, or week.
So here's their latest story:
They have shipped the unit to a logistics company, Demar Logistics. Upon receipt, Demar will ship it to a local delivery company for delivery to my address.
Unbelievable!
At least I'm suppose to get another 5% off the price, but I'd rather have the darn machine.

deemon328
01-23-2008, 03:17 PM
Wow, that's very convoluted. Here's to hoping the shippers all have a good day transporting your machine!

Jeff_Birt
01-23-2008, 03:24 PM
They have shipped the unit to a logistics company, Demar Logistics. Upon receipt, Demar will ship it to a local delivery company for delivery to my address.

Maybe they got tired of UPS playing football with them and hired a more responsible shipper (albeit a slower one). Perhaps the choice is fast and broke or slow and in one piece.