PDA

View Full Version : Routine Maintenance

scw
01-22-2008, 10:39 AM
Hey everyone,
During this brutal cold snap in Ohio I've decided to take my machine down and give it an overhaul.
I'm looking at:
1) replacing the Sand Paper Traction Belts
2) checking alignment and squaring the Sliding Guide Plate
3) cleaning and lube to every point required plus the Flex Shaft Cable and Quick Release Chuck
4) run all Sensor Checks and calibrate

if anyone has any tips or hints who has been thru some of these procedures and would like to contribute your experience and knowledge, do feel free to chime in!
I hope to assemble these procedures into a nice little .pdf that I will post here as time allows. I know that most of this is covered in the manuals and .pdf's that LHR provides, but the practical hands on experience of the users in this forum is equally as valuable!
So if you have suggestions, post them here, I'll include them in the final .pdf.
(photos welcome!)

liquidguitars
01-22-2008, 11:02 AM
You will need the 3/8 router bit to calibrate..

LG

scw
01-22-2008, 11:14 AM
You will need the 3/8 router bit to calibrate..

LG

can you expand on this point please?

Jeff_Birt
01-22-2008, 11:41 AM
Just read the calibration section of the machine manual. It requires the 3/8 jointing bit from CW for calibration.

mtylerfl
01-22-2008, 11:58 AM
Hello scw,

The Jan '08 issue of the CarveWright Tips and Tricks has a ton of useful machine "care and feeding" info. The release of that issue has been delayed (I don't know why - perhaps LHR hasn't had a chance to fully review it for accuracy yet??).

Anyway, I think users will benefit greatly from the tips found in that issue when it is indeed released.

deemon328
01-22-2008, 12:51 PM
Sliding glide plate is easy. All you need is a known parallel board, loosen the two screws on the sliding guide plate a little and slide it against the board. Tighten the screws and you're done.

ChrisAlb
01-22-2008, 03:39 PM
Hi scw,

see if this helps you out at all. All but the lube...

http://www.carvewright.com/forum/showpost.php?p=39490&postcount=10

Chris

scw
01-25-2008, 01:57 PM
Hello scw,

The Jan '08 issue of the CarveWright Tips and Tricks has a ton of useful machine "care and feeding" info. The release of that issue has been delayed (I don't know why - perhaps LHR hasn't had a chance to fully review it for accuracy yet??).

Anyway, I think users will benefit greatly from the tips found in that issue when it is indeed released.

YES! I just got the Jan 08 tips and tricks and right there it is!
..the routine monthly maintenance guide.
I recognize Jeff Birt's machine in the photo by his copper air blast tube!
The lubrication points was the main thing I was looking for and this was most helpful
Thanks everyone, that issue saves me alot of trial and error.