PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes FedEx has issues ...

Ron Smith
01-21-2008, 01:36 PM
Like this machine. Good thing it was marked "fragile". I had to call and ask LHR to send a crank handle and bits. The keypad appeared unharmed and when I turned it on, it functioned okay. I guess the klutzes work for all of the companies, somewhere.

Ron

Hawg_man
01-22-2008, 04:56 AM
Won't name the carrier but.............had a high rise hood for my vette shipped and they run a fork lift through the container............because it was a used hood they only paid me $.50 lb plus my shipping cost and it cost me $500 to have it repaired. Was shipped in well protected container.

Bob

hotpop
01-22-2008, 08:35 AM
Bob,

I think you should name any company that does a bad job or service for you. When we put our trust in a company to provide a quality safe product and/or service and they have employee's that don't care, the world should know about them. When we have a bad experience we need to let the "Consumer Products Protection Agency" know of the problem and file a complaint. That's what they are there for.

If we remain quite we'll never see a change.

Digitalwoodshop
01-22-2008, 10:19 AM
It is my belief that unhappy employees in the food chain of transit are unhappy due to the many economic reasons and cutbacks in the economy.

I had a UPS guy go off on me because the returning package to LHR had a DHL sticker on it from a previous shippment.... He said they give LHR Exclusive Shipping Rates and seeing the DHL sticker set him off..... I am sure he is not the only one that feel like that.

Sounds like the UPS inspector at the LHR end is blowing off his responsibility when it comes to the customer....

AL

RobertP
01-22-2008, 04:12 PM
It looks like that box was used more than a couple of times to ship the machine, did you send it back to LHR in that box?
I sent a machine back to them once, they used the same box that I used to ship back my replacement machine. I know the shipping company is rough with those packages, but you can only use a box so many times without some risk of damage, especially with the weight of these machines.

Ron Smith
01-22-2008, 05:03 PM
It looks like that box was used more than a couple of times to ship the machine, did you send it back to LHR in that box?

Robert ... I had never had this machine before, so this is exactly the way it arrived at the Fed-Ex depot where I went to pick it up. It was sitting on top of a pile of other boxes inside a caged area at the depot. I went to pick it up because they told me it would be three days before they could get it delivered the twenty miles to my shop. I couldn't tell you if it had made trips elsewhere, but this is the way I received it.

Ron

Paul Brown
01-22-2008, 06:57 PM
Are you saying that when you bought your machine new, it came in that box?

hotpop
01-22-2008, 07:00 PM
UPS is picking up my machine tomorrow for trip #3 to Texas. Hope the box survives another round trip.

dougmsbbs
01-22-2008, 07:19 PM
LHR says mine was shipped back to me today. Now you guys have me crossing my fingers...:-|

Ron Smith
01-22-2008, 07:52 PM
Are you saying that when you bought your machine new, it came in that box?

Paul,

I mentioned in another thread that I had returned a machine to LHR with UPS and they destroyed the machine, but LHR replaced it at no cost to me. This is what was shipped to me. I don't know if it was a refurbished machine or not, but it didn't look like a "new" box to me. All I know is that this was the first time I had seen this box and this was the shape it was in at Fed-Ex. Here are experiences with DHL, delivered to my shop ... compared to the Fed-Ex shown above (the Fed-Ex is in the middle). These are in the order I got them ... first machine, replacement after UPS destroyed machine, and replacement for Beta machine.

Dan-Woodman
01-22-2008, 08:14 PM
Hey Ron
Our old origanal CW 's came in a real thin brown plain cardboard box. Thats one thing they have improved on , is the packaging. of coarse along with many others.
later Daniel

Ron Smith
01-22-2008, 08:20 PM
Hey Ron
Our old origanal CW 's came in a real thin brown plain cardboard box. Thats one thing they have improved on , is the packaging. of coarse along with many others.
later Daniel

Yeah, I'm with you Daniel ... we've seen a lot of changes for the better in the past couple of years. I've been satisfied with both the machine and customer service from LHR.

Ron

Hawg_man
01-23-2008, 04:58 AM
Bob,

I think you should name any company that does a bad job or service for you. When we put our trust in a company to provide a quality safe product and/or service and they have employee's that don't care, the world should know about them. When we have a bad experience we need to let the "Consumer Products Protection Agency" know of the problem and file a complaint. That's what they are there for.

If we remain quite we'll never see a change.

I won't name the shipper, but..............I took another precaution and had it shipped to the distribution center here, to cut down on the numer of times it would be handled and did report it to several agencies along with a letter to their headquarters................I just know I won't have anything shipped by Fed-EX anymore

Bob

Digitalwoodshop
01-23-2008, 12:08 PM
The U Line Brown replacement box is a little BIG too in all directions.... That could be the issue with the crushing.... If I remember right there was a 2 inch gap in the top of my brown box when I shipped it back. I put foam insulation in the gap. If the brown box in on the bottom of a tractor trailer of stuff and 8 feet of boxes are stacked on top, I bet that 2 inch gap would fail.... Looks like that in picture 2, sides blown out.....

AL