PDA

View Full Version : WOW, no mention of Extreme Home Makeover!

forqnc
01-21-2008, 11:46 AM
I thought for sure someone would have posted that they used the CW on the show (Sunday night 8pm). They made a simple sign, which I was dissapointed with, I thought they would have pushed the limits a bit more. Anyhow more advertising for Sears.

mtylerfl
01-21-2008, 01:42 PM
I thought for sure someone would have posted that they used the CW on the show (Sunday night 8pm). They made a simple sign, which I was dissapointed with, I thought they would have pushed the limits a bit more. Anyhow more advertising for Sears.

Since I missed it, do you know if a replay of that episode can be viewed online by any chance?

jwhllh55
01-21-2008, 02:25 PM
I looked and can't find a replay, but I can tell you, you didn't miss anything. I too was disappointed in the project they did. The machine would of helped what they were doing a lot more.
I just guess they didn't have one that was working well.
Anyway, Sears did get a plug, if not for just a few seconds. LOL.
Have a great day.
John Hammett

Bubbabear
01-21-2008, 03:47 PM
I have lost all interest in Extreme make over. When it first started I refused to miss an episode the first season. After that it has turned in to nothing but a 1 to 2 hour pat Sears and ABC on the back show. It used to be loaded with surprises not anymore now you know they are all getting a new house and sometimes there are other buildings done. New house is not a makeover. So there my interest went. I wonder how many of these people can afford these houses and the property taxes on them a few years after TY and ABC are gone.
Just my thoughts I am sure there are many that will disagree

Dan-Woodman
01-21-2008, 05:09 PM
Am I seeing things ,or did I see two boards on the screen of there computer?
I know they were making a sign with two boards ,cause I saw them joining them together with biscuts,but it sure looked like they had two boards on one screen in designer.
I am computer stupid so go easy on me.
later Daniel

Kenm810
01-21-2008, 05:31 PM
Just kidding Dan http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_razz.gif

Bubbabear
01-21-2008, 06:13 PM
As I tell my computer customers it is "computer challenged" not stupid :D

sirsumm
01-21-2008, 06:35 PM
Maybe I missed something, but how would they get two boards in designer? I did a quick search here and didn't see anything.

Jason

hotpop
01-21-2008, 07:43 PM
My boards come in crooked. Any Suggestions?

hotpop
01-21-2008, 07:47 PM
Never mind. I forgot to turn on the SNAP before adding my 2nd board. Love the 2nd board feature.

gmalanoski
01-21-2008, 09:28 PM
I'm with sirsumm....how the heck do you get 2 boards???

hotpop
01-21-2008, 11:20 PM
Maybe you don't have the latest software.

Just fun'in with you guys. Took kenm810's picture and played with it in paint.net

Armis
01-22-2008, 03:51 AM

http://dynamic.abc.go.com/streaming/landing

I saw the show on line, that is the direct reason for me looking up the machine at sears.com, looking for it on ebay, reading the reviews, and for signing up for this forum.

The show was fantastic, the builder went all out.

Bob Morris
01-22-2008, 05:51 AM
Daniel, you were not seeing things. You can have several projects open in Designer at the same time.

forqnc
01-22-2008, 06:47 AM
http://dynamic.abc.go.com/streaming/landing

The show was fantastic, the builder went all out.

Yeah I had a particular interest with this show, as my Brother in Law used to work with one of the builders Supervisors. Apparently the Builder had a Party on Sunday night for all that worked on the project.

hotpop
01-22-2008, 08:03 AM
I just reviewed the tape. What you saw was two CW files open at the same time.

gmalanoski
01-22-2008, 11:58 AM
What about these? I thought I read something a while back but couldn't find it. Is the only way to layout everything manually on seperate boards? I'm assuming so, but it would be nice if there was another alternative. :)

mtylerfl
01-22-2008, 12:04 PM
Segmented Carvings - What about these? I thought I read something a while back but couldn't find it. Is the only way to layout everything manually on seperate boards? I'm assuming so, but it would be nice if there was another alternative. :)

Hello Greg,

I've been wondering (off and on) about using the machine for segmenting and/or "faux" intarsia for quite sometime now. For the kind of intricacy I'm wanting to achieve, I haven't worked that out yet.

I have seen a couple very, very basic inlays done with the machine (somewhere here in the forum), but it's not exactly what I have in mind.

If I, or anyone else comes up with a practical method, we'll let you know.

gmalanoski
01-22-2008, 12:07 PM
Thanks Michael. :)

Dan-Woodman
01-22-2008, 04:23 PM
OK Now that we know you can have two boards at once , How do you do it ?

gmalanoski
01-22-2008, 04:40 PM
Apparently you just take multiple screenshots and modify the photo in an editor....

hotpop
01-22-2008, 07:21 PM
Dan-Woodman

Open Designer, click on the screen reducer on the upper right of your screen, next to the red "x". Open Designer again and do the same thing. You now have two Designers open. Use the little arrows on the edges of the screens to manipulate their sizes.

Kenm810

I agree, I guess we opened a can of worms. Can't believe this thread has gone this far.

Mel

Dan-Woodman
01-22-2008, 08:25 PM
Although I am --Computer Challenged-- and proud of it , with everyones help I figured it out and IT really does work. YEA!!!!!

Thanks everyone Daniel

Bill
01-22-2008, 08:39 PM
It looks like this

pkunk
01-22-2008, 09:12 PM
Just watched the 2007 HGTV builders show and they did a review of the Carvewright. Very brief, but OK.

forqnc
01-23-2008, 09:23 AM
Can't believe this thread has gone this far.

Mel

Me neither.:o