PDA

View Full Version : Another problem already

bizbiki
01-19-2008, 05:03 PM
After being down for about a month with a chuck issue I finally had an the opprotuinity to get backinto my shop this morning. After one successful carve my bit plate will not swing out far enuf to contact the bit therefore I cant carve the next step in this project. I have throughly cleaned the machine and blew compressed air around the plate, nothing seems to be restricting the trucks ability to go to the far end of the cc. It is 53 degrees in my shop. Any thoughts?

As always
Thanks for any help

Louie

Dan-Woodman
01-19-2008, 05:11 PM
CW recoments a minumum of 60 -100 deg. I've notice mines get sluggish at colder temps.
later Daniel

Ron Smith
01-19-2008, 05:14 PM
After one successful carve my bit plate will not swing out far enuf to contact the bit therefore I cant carve the next step in this project. Any thoughts?
Louie

Louie,

Mine stuck on me once when I cleaned it all out and I flipped it back and forth a few times and it started working fine. I had evidently gotten some sawdust into where it jammed the flipper a little. It's been working fine ever since. Hope you find it isn't something serious.

Ron

Ron
01-19-2008, 06:11 PM
I have a piece of fishing line hooed up to mine
right now and pull on it when the truck looks for it.It seems like even if you clean it it doesnt last long.Have tried oiling it doesnt matter

bizbiki
01-19-2008, 06:34 PM
thanks guys, I hope that it is a temperture issue, it does seem sluggish. I would hate to think that I would need to drill a hole in the bit plate and use fishing line just to get my machine to work.

Thanks again

Louie

mtylerfl
01-19-2008, 07:39 PM
I have a piece of fishing line hooed up to mine
right now and pull on it when the truck looks for it.It seems like even if you clean it it doesnt last long.Have tried oiling it doesnt matter

Well...now I've heard everything! I'm trying to get a picture of you yankin' the line just at the perfect moment...kinda like hooking a fish, I guess. That's just too funny. :D

upcedar
01-19-2008, 07:45 PM
Ron, u'r the man, what a good ideal. u must ice fish a lot - ha-ha...

liquidguitars
01-19-2008, 08:26 PM
Check the cut motor wires. That Z pack loves to hit them :-x

LG

Jeff_Birt
01-19-2008, 08:59 PM
There is also a PDF in the troubleshooting section that covers this. Do a search for 'bit plate' for even more ideas.

Ron
01-19-2008, 09:00 PM
thats what us Minnesotans do lol.Its all timing

deemon328
01-20-2008, 05:04 AM
One of the easiest fixes I've seen is to take one of those black industrial paper clips and clip it onto the frame, forcing the bit plate out all the time. If you set it out far enough, when the x-axis travel hits it, the bit plate will actually go back a little bit and you'll hit dead center every time.

Eagle Hollow
01-20-2008, 07:18 AM
I polished the flipper on mine with a little emory on a buffer wheel on the Dremel. Has worked fine since.

newcarver
01-20-2008, 08:26 AM
ive found the easiest fix, having tried EVERYTHING else, simple fixing it in the open position was my ony solution. Soemtimes it would work and sometimes it would'nt.

bizbiki
01-20-2008, 08:33 AM
Are the cut motor wires in the plastic sleeve that fits into the "groove" on the far end of the machine, towards the top? When I changed my RPM sensor that seemed to restict the truck awhile ago; however that does not seem to be the case now.

Any other suggestions?

Louie

liquidguitars
01-20-2008, 01:12 PM
Are the cut motor wires in the plastic sleeve that fits into the "groove" on the far end of the machine, towards the top? When I changed my RPM sensor that seemed to restict the truck awhile ago; however that does not seem to be the case now.

That's it, seems like the wires are always in the way... :(
also you can keep the hood loose and check your Flex shaft for rubbing on the top groove.

http://liquidguitars.com/saltdot/flapperR001.jpg

LG

bizbiki
01-20-2008, 06:10 PM
LG

Thanks for the explainationan and the diagram. However when I look at the flexable sleeve I do not see any type of clip as it goes into the cc. It just dead ends into the machine, could this be a problem?

Louie

liquidguitars
01-20-2008, 06:24 PM
You can shut the power off and slide the z truck in "Y"
into the bit plate by hand, if the cut wires are the prob the Z pack will fall short of the plate and will not come out ever :)

if yes, re rout them away from the Z pack cooling fins..

regarding the flex shat, it can rub on the hood's top gromit's cut out and you will never see it.

LG

bizbiki
01-21-2008, 09:28 AM
Thanks again LG

I can slide the z truck over by hand and the bit plate does come out (it really depends on how hard I move it over). It is just real sluggish about doing so, I did remove the little c-clip on the bottom of the z truck on the far side and the bit plate moved over just fine (I found this fix in the Trouble shooting archieves) but the bit still does not hit the plate DEAD center as the article said it should.

Are you telling me to also replace the clip that I seem to be missing ? what does it look like?

Thanks again

Louie

crawls
01-21-2008, 04:01 PM
The first thing to try is spraying WD40 upward toward the bottom of the bit plate. This will dissolve any oil that has gummed up. If this doesn't work, push the y-truck against the bit plate until the lever comes out fully. Hold in that position for a second and then release. If the y-truck springs back to the left, then check the wires that go to the cutmotor. If the y-truck stays in place then readjust the y-tensioning on the y-belt. One other possible cause is the screws that hold the black cap onto the z-motor heatsink, has backed out. Position the y-truck where you can see the back of the z-motor pack from the back of the machine. You may need a flashlight. If you see screws in the black cap on the back of the z-motor, re-tighten all three screws.
Hope this helps.

bizbiki
01-21-2008, 04:19 PM
thanks Chris but how do you adjust the tensioning of the y belt and exactly what is the y belt?

Louie

Bubbabear
01-21-2008, 04:30 PM
Louie here is a link that will get you too the parts list full breakdown and you can see where it is. http://www.carvewright.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5474&highlight=parts+list

Kenm810
01-21-2008, 04:37 PM
Louie,

A photo might help, This one is for the wire that sometimes gets in the way of the Y truck
but also shows the Y belt and adjustment assembly near the red circle

bizbiki
01-23-2008, 01:19 PM
Thanks for all the help, I think my problem is in the loosining of the tension on the z-truck.

This forun is very valuble to me as a place to get fast answers to the CW issues that will invaribly come up.

Louie