PDA

View Full Version : Z Axis Stall. Error 246?

Royal Const
01-19-2008, 01:20 PM
Hello,

I am having a problem with my machine ever since I upgraded to the new software. I insert the board into the machine, do the usual steps. It starts measuring the board, once its done, the Z axis goes to the right, and lowers to the thing sticks out.. but usually the bit hits on top of it, and it does this about 2-3 times.

But now, it just misses it, and lowers all the way do and I get an error of 246. It scratches that piece of metal and ultimately damaging my 1/16 carving bit. I did not have this problem before the software upgrade, what could be the problem?

Did anyone else encounter this problem?

I'm attempting to contact LHR, and I'm still on the phone waiting for a human to answer for about 1 hour and half now. Seems hopeless.

fwharris
01-19-2008, 01:33 PM
I do not think it has anything to do with the upgrade. Most likely cause is that there is some saw dust in the spring attachment of the arm. Try blowing it out and lube it.
If you manually move the cutting head over all the way to the right will the arm come all they way out?

pkunk
01-19-2008, 01:35 PM
Do a search for the error in quotes. This question has been answered so many times it could take days to read 'em all. The fix is generally easy.:)

upcedar
01-19-2008, 02:02 PM
that little scratch is normal, sounds like your flipper is tight, keep on pushing buttons an let her go, if anything clean your board sensor under the z-tuck. Best Ric :roll:

Jeff_Birt
01-19-2008, 09:05 PM
Do a search for 'bit plate', that will answer all your questions. It is just a cleaning/lubrication issue.