PDA

View Full Version : Which way is correct?

bizbiki
01-19-2008, 01:06 PM
I am attempting to bevel cut a end of a board (cross cut) to make a square box. The CC prompts me for a 1/8 ball nose bit but the manuel says to use a 1/4 ball nose. Who is right

Thanks

Louie

Dan-Woodman
01-19-2008, 03:19 PM
That would be the 1/4" ballnose bit.
later Daniel

I just did a bevel cut across the end of the board.
It asks for the 1/8" cutting bit first. It does it's measuring thing and then promps you to load the 1/4" ball nose.
Be patient though, after you load the 1/4" ballnose bit , it measures, then it goes to the very end of the board and starts cutting across, taking the exess wood off the edge, before it starts the bevel process. Make sure your bit has the proper length in the holder tocut at a 45 deg. down to the corner. Also it does take some off the length of the board .
Try it out on scrap first.
later Daniel

bizbiki
01-19-2008, 04:48 PM
thanks dan, it is just another situation were the cc has you cycling through bits I dont understand though why it asks for the 1/8 when all that is used for cutting is the 1/4

thanks again

Louie

Dan-Woodman
01-19-2008, 04:57 PM
Louie
Use a 1/4" bit with a little cutting length to it , as opposed to just a round nose.
Like I said earlier , it starts at the corner and goes almost 3/4" deep, next pass ,maybe 5/8" ,then 1/2" or somthing like that, then it starts at the inside of the bevel, working it's way down to the edge again.
Somtimes it helps to know what might happen before you try it .
later Daniel