PDA

View Full Version : What would you do?

Semper Fi
01-19-2008, 09:36 AM
I've had my share of problems and tech support has always been helpful and understanding, but I'm dealing with a new area of LHR that doesn't seem to be on the same wave length. I started a carve the week before Christmas with a board that was not the same width over the length............. my fault. I stipped the X axis gear. I called into LHR on the Friday morning before Christmas and got the answering machine. I left a message and when no one called me back on Saturday, I called in again. This time I got tech support. I explained my problem and also told the tech that I caused the the problem and didn't want the part under warranty, but I needed to order it. That's when I found out sales was where I needed to go and they don't work on Saturday. He told me to call on Monday (Christmas Eve). Guess he didn't know that sales wasn't working on Christmas Eve. Long story short....I called on the 27th and ordered the part. It came in after New Years. I opened the box and everything seemed to be there. I was getting ready for a 10 day hunting trip out west and it was too late to mess with the machine right then. Fast forward to last Monday morning, I'm ready to get my machine repaired and working again. I open up the plastic bag containing the gear and find a dirty, broken, used gear. I'm not happy to say the least! I called sales and talked to Lisa, who was sorry for the problem and asked me to send a picture to her manager, Michelle. I asked that the part be expediated because of the circumstances. Michelle emailed me back and said she was requesting the part be shipped out priority, but the expedited handling and shipping would have to approved by the hardware Supervisor. I heard nothing until late yesterday (Friday) afternoon, when I got an email saying that my order was completed. No shipping information.....nothing!

This is not the kind of service I've come to expect from LHR and I'm hoping that it's not the future, now that my machine is going out of warranty. I guess I have no other alternative except to take what they gave me and like it, huh? Sure makes me feel like a valued customer.

Thanks for hearing my rant!
Ernie

The "DH"
01-19-2008, 10:44 AM
Semper Fi,
I had a similiar problem back in dec, and my machine is out of warrenty... Called back a third time and spoke to someone (can't remember who) and they resolved the entire problem, received new parts as promised. All I can say is try again. Over the past year I have ordered spare parts and new stuff at least 9 times with my incident in dec being the only bad one with a good out come.

Jeff_Birt
01-19-2008, 11:09 AM
I've had even the best companies screw things up on me before. I've had Miller Electric overnight the same wrong part to me twice in a row. After my second call back to them they first made sure that I was ordering the correct part number for the part I really wanted; it was pretty easy to tell the part number on the box I got was not the number I ordered. The CSR then went out into the warehouse while I was still talking to him on the phone and looked in the bin on the shelf, himself. Sure enough they put the wrong part in that bin. I had the correct part the next day.

What makes a good company good is not that they are perfect, heck we are all just human. The really good companies are good because they always get the problem resolved.

deemon328
01-19-2008, 12:15 PM
I think that once you get outside of their automated ordering process that things get lost in the shuffle.

Case in point is the bit set I ordered just after Christmas on the 27th. For some reason, I ordered it over the phone instead of on the web site. My transaction got processed and credit card approved over the phone. A week later, no email confimation, no charge to my credit card and no part on my doorstep. I called for an unrelated tech support issue and got supervisor Michelle. While we were talking waiting for a free tech, she told me that my bit set was on her desk and would be sent out the next business day. It ended up taking another week and finally arrived on the 15th of January.

Anyhow, I think your problem and this one is descriptive of the problem they have with in house order tracking. There's no excuse for sending out a used part; that's just rediculous. But I think it indicates their need for better organization of their workload, which I think we all know is severe.

Semper Fi
01-19-2008, 05:05 PM
My major concern is not that they made a mistake (Lord knows I've made many), it's the lack of concern about taking responsibility for it and correcting the problem in an expediente timeframe. That would have been all it took to rectify the mistake and kept a customer happy.

Ernie

Semper Fi
01-23-2008, 07:32 PM
Well, tonight the big brown truck delivered my gear............... only 9 days since I reported them sending me a broken used part. Had right on the invoice that I had requested the order be expedited and that I had furnished pictures of the used gear with broken teeth. Hate to think how long it might have taken without that note.

Ernie

ps. I'm done with this subject!