PDA

View Full Version : Centerline Question

highway
01-19-2008, 09:21 AM
How do you set depth for centerline text?
Highway

The "DH"
01-19-2008, 09:27 AM
As far as I know you can not do that with the current software. The software automaticlly sets the depth for the v90 and v60 for you and if I'm not mistaken v90 is deeper than v60.

deemon328
01-19-2008, 09:47 AM
The size of the letters will dictate how deep they carve as well. This is how I understand it to work, but please correct me if I'm wrong:

For instance, take these two letters:

I I

The 60 and 90 bits will plunge as deep as they need to so that the bit cuts the path of the beam of the 'I' in one pass. If the width of the beam is larger than what will cut in one pass, you'll get a flat bottom in the middle of the beam--actually a jagged one because the bit ends in a point, but that's why some others here are using a flat bottom sign makers bit.

Also, I do believe that it's the 60 degree bit that cuts deeper because it is narrower than the 90 degree bit. The 60 bit would have to plunge deeper to make the same width pass on the beam than the 90 degree bit.

The "DH"
01-19-2008, 10:00 AM
Yeap I got that one backwards v60 is deeper than v90!!!!

highway
01-19-2008, 10:02 AM
Thanks for the info, you guys are great. Have you had success with italics as well as bold??
Here's what I am running into: The CW stops routing before the text line is finished. It seems that the text does not fit into a text box. If I lead the text with the space or mutlitple spaces, it cuts off letters from the end. If I italicize, it leaves off some of the end text; if I left justify, normal font (no italics), it prints almost all [for example in the text "80 Grit", it will leave off the end of the "t".

With 2 leading spaces I get "80 Gr"
with no leading spaces italics I get "80 Gri"
with no leading spaces, no italics, I get "80 Gri and 1/2 of the "t""

Right justifying does not slove the problem.

Any help??

highway

GrooveDog
01-19-2008, 11:43 PM
I was hoping they would find a fix for this because setting the depth for fonts is a bad thing.....only because you don't see the change on the screen....but here it is.....1) set your font on the board. 2) go and select no bit..then apply. 3)go back and select 90 or 60 and you'll notice the depth window in the bit screen becomes editable.The machine cut much better when you couldn't do this....I'm hoping by me posting this they will write a fix for it....I brought this up to the software guys about 2 months ago....Have fun but be forewarned this will mess up some nice 3 hour pieces at the end of the carve....

The "DH"
01-20-2008, 07:33 AM
Highway, can you upload your file and I'll take a look at it for you? What version was it made in?