PDA

View Full Version : Power Off

asrubin
01-18-2008, 05:23 AM
I am a newbee here and would like to purchase one of thes fine machines. Just would like to know what happens if the power goes off while the machine is doing its job? Does it restart where it left off or will it restart from the beginning? Where I live, the power will go off atleast 1 a day for just a few minutes.
tks
Alan

Jeff_Birt
01-18-2008, 08:40 AM
The machine will have no way of knowing where it left off. You can however 'mask'* over the area that was already carved in Designer and then restart the project on the machine. It will skip the masked portion and continue the carve.

*To mask: create a carve region of 0.00 depth ofver the area already carved. This fills it in.

Dave Boland
01-18-2008, 09:48 AM
thank YOU JEFF

Dave Boland
01-18-2008, 10:11 AM
JEFF-just tried your masking proceedure and can't get it to work. lets assume i have a 14" long project made up of 5 dif ptns. about 2/3 finished and power goes down. i do a carve region over that area and set depth at .000. designer shows no change from original design. what else should i do?

Jeff_Birt
01-18-2008, 10:31 AM
Depending on your layout you will have to get your merge style set properly before it works correctly.

eugenepsearl
01-18-2008, 12:30 PM
Jeff have you actually done this on one of your patterns? If so how did you handle the finding of the surface, etc when you went to restart the faulted design?

Jeff_Birt
01-18-2008, 12:41 PM
Yes, I have actually done this. When the bit is going through the homing phase it goes to the back of the machine, touches the bit plate and then comes to the front of the machine. Once at the front it goes up and down a few times and then THEN moves out to touch down on the board (to find the board height). While it is moving out to touch the board press the 'Stop' button. Then jog the board/head to an uncarved area and press 'Start'. The machine will finish homing and start carving.

eugenepsearl
01-18-2008, 02:16 PM
AHA,,,,,,Sounds Like even I might be able to do that. I've got a couple of carvings which for 1 reason or another died at some point during the carve. I'll have to try to see if I can recover as you've recommended.