PDA

View Full Version : Software Glitch?

twinpeaksenterprises, LLC
01-17-2008, 06:12 PM
Is there a glitch in the software? I first imported an image from paint then added text and rotated the piece using the software and it looked fine. Upon running the carving in the machine it chopped and cut up everything in the picture and the text. My only conclusion was it was the rotation tool used in the software cause otherwise it came out fine. Anyone else experience this or have a resolution? Im open to suggestions.....

mtylerfl
01-17-2008, 06:44 PM
Is there a glitch in the software? I first imported an image from paint then added text and rotated the piece using the software and it looked fine. Upon running the carving in the machine it chopped and cut up everything in the picture and the text. My only conclusion was it was the rotation tool used in the software cause otherwise it came out fine. Anyone else experience this or have a resolution? Im open to suggestions.....

Hello,

Sorry to hear about the problem you are having. Hadn't heard that one before. Did you try the same carving without rotating it? Just wondering if you made that test to see if the rotation tool really has anything to do with the problem.

Can you take a photo or two and post it here so we can get a better idea of what may have happened? Maybe the pics will give us a clue what may have gone wrong.

Just thought of some other things - when you did your setup at the machine, did you put in a board at least 7" longer than the board length in your software design?...and, did you select to "Stay Under Rollers"...and did you get any message during setup that stated anything about "resize the project to fit"?

twinpeaksenterprises, LLC
01-17-2008, 06:49 PM
Hey thanks for the input Michael. Yes ill try to post a pic in the future. Yes the pattern came out fine without rotation. But knowing a little about computers it is possible to recieve some deviation when rotating pixelations. Just curious if the rotation scramble in the software was actually a software glitch.

mtylerfl
01-17-2008, 06:55 PM
Hey thanks for the input Michael. Yes ill try to post a pic in the future. Yes the pattern came out fine without rotation. But knowing a little about computers it is possible to recieve some deviation when rotating pixelations. Just curious if the rotation scramble in the software was actually a software glitch.

Hmmm - so apparently the rotation did affect the carving, I guess?? That is certainly a new one! Still hard for me to imagine how that could have caused the machine to chew up the pattern, but...

Might not hurt to report the problem to LHR and also email Software Support the "offending" mpc file so they can take a look at it and see if they get the same result at their end.

Router-Jim
01-17-2008, 08:29 PM
FWIW I did a rotation yesterday with no problem and I'm using the lastest upgrade.

Jim

Jeff_Birt
01-17-2008, 08:40 PM
There is a problem in Designer if you rotated a pattern that had a lot of white space on the sides of the pattern. To avoid it make sure you crop your patterns tight. Generally it causes the pattern to stretch in one axis though, not be distorted. I believe CarveWrights SW team has the rotation bug on the radar.

TIMCOSBY
01-18-2008, 12:27 AM
similar problem but it showed up on screen. i was making a frame out of two patterns. when i flipped or rotated the copied one it was a lot bigger than the other side although in the size boxes it showed them to be the same size.
never did figure it out and got side tracked with other stuff.

mtylerfl
01-18-2008, 08:52 AM
There is a problem in Designer if you rotated a pattern that had a lot of white space on the sides of the pattern. To avoid it make sure you crop your patterns tight. Generally it causes the pattern to stretch in one axis though, not be distorted. I believe CarveWrights SW team has the rotation bug on the radar.

Hello,

As Jeff mentioned, the rotation tool has been known to distort the dimensions of an image, but I had not heard of it ever affecting the carve quality.

I had alerted LHR about the rotation/size distortion problem a few months ago, along with my discovery that if a pattern was tightly cropped and saved before importing into the Designer Library, the distortion did not seem to occur. I think it was back in October that I spoke with an LHR representative and he told me they thought they licked the problem. I want to say it had been corrected in version 1.121 or 1.123 - can't recall which version had the fix. I don't know if ver 1.125 has the fix or not.

The image quality becoming 'distorted' is a different issue than what I had heard of or experienced before.