PDA

View Full Version : New user checks in

trusalt
01-15-2008, 09:26 AM
I got my machine for Christmas (I had to wait until that day to open it!). Working with the machine reminds me of the early days of messing around with PC's - you know it could do what you wanted, but getting there was often a challenge! Documentation was always sketchy and sometimes you just had to try things. Support was not always consistent or available. In the end, both the operator and the machine got better. Here are a few things I've learned:

The base for a Dewalt 735 planer makes a great base for the machine. Sturdy, has wheels and you can cut a hole for dust collector. Cost $150.

I had bits plunge into the board and break twice. I think the problem was errors on the card. I think frequent formatting of the card avoids the problem. Just removing them on upload didn't.

It takes time to get used to how the machine works

Some Sears stores actually stock carving and cutting bits. Faster than waiting for delivery and you can check online.

Nothing much for 3 weeks, but this forum is useful and I wanted to contribute.

liquidguitars
01-15-2008, 10:18 AM
Hello,

I format the cards 2 to keep them fresh :)

BTW ever wonder what happens if your flash card goes through the washing machine?

still works...

LG

Icutone2
01-15-2008, 01:00 PM
Hello I can relate to all your thoughts on the machine vs a computer as I have had the same fun time with mine. I am on the 3rd machine and this one is a honey! The software is getting to be very interesting as I try to do more advanced things with it. Other than the occational cut outs of the patterns provided. Have fun and be creative!:p