PDA

View Full Version : newbie question

bensmink
01-15-2008, 08:36 AM
I want to carve on a pre routed board. Only the top edges are routed. Can I do this and if so how?

Mikewiz
01-15-2008, 08:53 AM
I want to carve on a pre routed board. Only the top edges are routed. Can I do this and if so how?

Hey,

Yes you can but you need to put blue tape around the routed edges. to fool the machine, or it will not measure the board right. try to make the routed edges look square with the tape.

bjbethke
01-15-2008, 08:58 AM
That’s an open ended question. Depends on what the board looks like. A sled may work; you would need to make your MPC with all adjustments from the center, both horizontally and vertically. Make your reference point the center, and place your board in the center of the sled.

bensmink
01-15-2008, 08:59 AM
Thanks. By blue tape, do you mean something like duct tape and do I just stick it ont the top and side surfaces and fold the edge square?

Mikewiz
01-15-2008, 10:23 AM
Thanks. By blue tape, do you mean something like duct tape and do I just stick it ont the top and side surfaces and fold the edge square?

Painters tape will work fine and will remove clean without damaging the finish if you have one on the board already.