PDA

View Full Version : problems

poteetjr
01-15-2008, 07:52 AM
I have been having problems with my CompuCarve for about 2 weeks now.

Problem #1: The bits are loose and move around when carving causing un even cuts.
Problem #2: The Systems keeps stopping in the middle of a project reporting a Y Axis stall 236. I have taken the Compucarve apart to clean 3 times with the same error reoccurring.

Justin

Jeff_Birt
01-15-2008, 07:56 AM
I bet both problems are related. You need to find out why your bits are wiggly. Are the adapters in good shape? Lots of dents in them? Look up inside your chuck, is is clean (no sawdust). It sounds like your chuck is impacted with sawdust and/or bad.

dougsnash
01-15-2008, 09:09 AM
Sounds to me like your chuck is toast. Good luck getting one. I've been waiting since Dec 14 for mine. LHR lost my order.

I'm hoping that it will be here today. They appologized for the mix up but it does not change tha fact that I used the machine for less than two weeks and have now been down for over a month.

Doug

NW Ontario, Canada

liquidguitars
01-15-2008, 10:13 AM
LHR lost my order.

You got LHR to ship parts to Canada?

LG

dougsnash
01-15-2008, 02:35 PM
Nah, I live on the border. I have a US post office box and had them send it there.

Doug in Canada

poteetjr
01-15-2008, 08:13 PM
The 1/16 bit has dints in the adapter so I ordered another one yesterday from sears. The 1/8 bit has no dints but still wiggles but not as much. I have cleaned the chuck to the best of my knowhow. I E-mailed Carvewrite with no response yet. How do I take the chuck off to look inside to see if it I broken? What does a new chuck run?

Jeff_Birt
01-15-2008, 09:05 PM
How do I take the chuck off to look inside to see if it I broken? What does a new chuck run?

Warning: Jeff is entering broken record mode...

Search and ye shall recieve:

http://www.carvewright.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2040&highlight=replace+chuck

bjbethke
01-15-2008, 10:29 PM
You do not need to remove the chuck to look at it. I took a photo of mine. My Quick Change Assembly was shipped Monday.

Use a mirror to take the photo.

Kenm810
01-16-2008, 06:18 AM
As bjbethke's photo shows, even if the QC Chuck is not damaged, by using a mirror helps.
You'll be able to see some of the dust that can get packed inside the chuck