PDA

View Full Version : Wondering what the heck…

Azbear
01-14-2008, 06:08 PM
Sent one of my machines to LHR for some troublesome ongoing problems since around T-bird time. Got home early enough today to hopefully speak to someone. Got caught up in the “push this number for”… in the automated phone service. Sales picked up. I just wanted to know status of my machine repair and if the “problems” were clear on the return paperwork. The sales lady seemed upset with me. She told me my machine was on the warehouse spreadsheet. It was received in on the 11th of this month. After I asked what more details she might give me, she told me it was in the warehouse and did not know any other status. I asked to be transferred to someone in the warehouse. She then told me they have no phones in the warehouse. Again wondering….

On the lighter side, she told me she would walk to the warehouse in the morning and ask someone to call me with an update on my machine.

Hummmmm…..

Seems I had a bit more attention a year ago when I 1st bought my machine.

At this point, I’m wondering, LHR, what the heck?

Could, would it be possible to have a “service dept” assigned to answer a bit more in detail a customer’s questions?

Yes, I’m whining. It’s my $2000.00 machine in their building.

Ever seen the one about 2 buzzards in the tree watching for the human laying in the sand and looking at each other, then one saying “Patience my …” ?

liquidguitars
01-14-2008, 07:28 PM
It could be working around T day is a bad time to send in a unit, so I would think it could be a bit longer over the HD's..

Its seems like its a week to ship, one to two weeks in the shop, one day to fix :rolleyes:, and one more week in shipping UPS. lets hope UPS will not drop it comming home!

But- could be good it idea to call after 3 weeks for a current update.

LG

Digitalwoodshop
01-14-2008, 07:44 PM
We don't have the inside track to what parts they were waiting to clear Custom's from China.... When I worked at Sony making picture tubes in San Diego we had some close calls around the holidays waiting for parts and stock items from the shipping lines in Long Beach. Everything gets backed up.... We almost had to shut down production due to waiting for components we used to clear customer's. And where does LHR get it's parts..... China....

I just got the cable for the board detector that I waited about 3 weeks for.... Spliced the old one but still wanted it. I am still waiting on some Bearings for the Spindle. Who knows how many new Z Bundle's they have in stock.

Just my 2 Cents about Custom's plus when I was fixing Play Station 2's a few years ago we had meetings every day to discuss Turn Around Time and customer satisfaction when we were waiting for parts.

I am sure they are doing the best they can. I have been on both sides of the service business.

AL