PDA

View Full Version : Fatal Error 2 when edge routing

dopeyj
01-13-2008, 04:57 PM
Hi! I just got my routing bits and tried to use the edge rout fuction, but every time I get "Fatal Error 2, please reboot machine". I am able to use the rout function using the keypad on the machine, but any design I upload that I created using the CarveWright software starts routing and then after about 3 passes, gives me this error.

Help! What am I doing wrong?

As an example, I tried creating the lid to the jewelry box that is listed on the carvewright web site and it stopped when trying to rout the first edge of the lid. Bummer because it took me a long time to get to that point and now I don't know how to fix it.

Kenm810
01-13-2008, 05:12 PM
Hi dopeyj,

Welcome to the forum, I did a quick search key wouds ("Fatal Error 2")
if you enter it, there are several posts with ideas like One more Fatal Error 2.... (http://www.carvewright.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3750&highlight=Fatal+Error+2)

dopeyj
01-13-2008, 07:33 PM
Ken,

Thanks for the reply. The other posts that I read concerning "fatal error 2" all dealt with using wood thicker than 1". I'm not. My wood is 1/5" and I was carving the example they have on the carvewright web page. I'm assuming that carvewright tried the jewelry box before they put it on their web site. That's why I'm confused.

Dopey

Jeff_Birt
01-13-2008, 07:35 PM
1/5" = 0.02" ? The min thickness of wood reccomended for the machine is 1/2". Thinner than that and you need a sled.

dopeyj
01-13-2008, 11:39 PM
Oops, typo....my wood is 1/2". Sorry. It tells me to use 1/2" thick wood for the jewelry box, no?