PDA

View Full Version : Replacing Board Sensor

FINGERS
01-13-2008, 04:23 PM
As I was replacing the broad sensor I found that one of the wires on the plug to the sensor was broken and as I pulled the plug out the other wires broke, is this something I can fix or do I have to send the machine in.

Digitalwoodshop
01-13-2008, 07:43 PM
I had that a few weeks ago.... Ended up splicing the wire by soldering and using shrink wrap. The real fix is a real bear.... Removal of the Z and the Y from the unit.... Not a job for most people.... Sounds like a trip to LHR....

If you decide to do it yourself doing the splice, unplug it up top and carefully let the slack go down so you have more to work with. When installing the sensor work the slack back up top as you install the sensor. Watch the plastic track cover up top and don't let the wires pinch up top.

I just got the replacement cable about 2 days ago that I ordered, they were on back order.

As for shipping the unit to LHR.... I get a Sublimation Newsletter and they were talking about using this HP printer and buying them used. They said the weight of the printer was about 185 pounds and shipped on a small pallet. They said that they found UPS had been rolling the box because they couldn't pick it up destroying a few printers. That got me thinking about the guys telling of getting there Carve Machines back and the box was up side down.....

This brings out the importance of making sure the gap in the top of the box is packed with something just in case it is turned upside down.... I had placed a sheet of 2 inch green foam in my box to fill that gap last time I shipped my unit.

LHR had let me attempt my fix myself with the parts I bought from them, including replacemnt Y bearings and screws with the understanding that any damage done by me would not be covered. I felt the risk of shipping the unit and it ending up damaged was greater than my repair attempt. Works like a charm now..... It was almost out of warranty.

AL

FINGERS
01-13-2008, 10:27 PM
Thank's Al no room for splicing, the wire broke at the connector it looks like a cable replacement, machine is still under the sears 90 day I'll call LHR monday see how they want to deal with it.

Mike

FINGERS
01-14-2008, 12:01 PM
Well got off the phone with LHR to see if I can get my machine fixed and BAM! my machine won a trip to Fabulous LHR "GIT FIT CENTER" where they will preform an Extreme Makeover to bring my machine back to life, I just hope UPS doesn't kill it on the trip Home.

dragoncarver
01-14-2008, 12:54 PM
i sent my machine in for the 1st time in dec took about 3 weeks to get it back and their was a crack in housing that holds the led screen in and the screen was falling into the housing i called lhr and took housing off and they walked me thru getting the led screen back in place. it also came back without the cover to the gears that turn the drive belts (sand paper belts) they sent a used cover to me not sure if it was mine or not.

FINGERS
01-14-2008, 01:29 PM
I had the one shipped in Sept. for work it came back DOA UPS droped it and smashed the stuffing out of it, the box had holes in it and looked like hell I was Pissed, never had something like this with DHL or Fed-x, UPS must be chepper to ship for them, well I hope I don't get Da javu.