PDA

View Full Version : Axis Stalls

sdchandler
01-13-2008, 01:46 PM
My husband and I are experiencing problems with axis stalls. After reading the posts yesterday we blew out the system with an air compressor. We've had one or two z-axis stalls but are mostly getting y-axis stalls. Any suggestions?

DocWheeler
01-13-2008, 04:44 PM
SD,

I had only one of those so far, I got it when my carving bit got tape on it while carving Corian. I believe that is what caused mine.

Please use caution with blowing out the machine, the stuff goes places you really don't want it (including the Y and Z belts where it can cause stalls).

Elm
01-13-2008, 08:05 PM
Right out of the box, the machine did not work. My first trouble was a z axis stall. Carvewright sent me the z motor pack which I installed. I then was able to get in about two hours of carving time on the machine. This was followed by yet another error. I was near the end of a carve when I got a y-axis error. I meticulously cleaned out the machine by taking the cover off and still got the error repeatedly. I can not get the machine to function properly anymore because I continue to get the y-axis error even though there is not a spec of sawdust anywhere to be found on the machine. I have used dry lubrication in the moving parts as well. With the machine off, the carving assembly moves smoothly. With the machine on, there is definitely increased resistance, but it still moves smooth in the y-axis. I'm not sure if that I need to send the machine back or not. I'll make yet another phone call to Carvewright support and hope they answer me this time. I agree with the many others that a $2000 machine should not have this many glitches. I would've paid an extra $1000 to have a higher-quality machine that would not require so much end- user maintenance.