PDA

View Full Version : CW in Feb 2008 Fine Woodworking

deemon328
01-13-2008, 08:37 AM
CW seems to be everywhere these days. Did anyone else see the aside on page 22 of the current Fine Woodworking?

I really think they mis-represented the output quality that the CW can acheive. Their picture definitely looks like draft mode in maybe mahogany to me. I've never had a carve look that bad. I think everyone here on the forum knows better, but I hate to see that photo being represented as the capable limitations of the machine.

Reset
01-13-2008, 09:24 AM
It also made it into the February issue of Workbench (advertisement on page 29).

In the same issue, they have an article of the Top 10 Innovations for the Year... and the machine made the list :)

Tommy

jonweis
01-13-2008, 12:05 PM
CW seems to be everywhere these days. Did anyone else see the aside on page 22 of the current Fine Woodworking?

I really think they mis-represented the output quality that the CW can acheive. Their picture definitely looks like draft mode in maybe mahogany to me. I've never had a carve look that bad. I think everyone here on the forum knows better, but I hate to see that photo being represented as the capable limitations of the machine.

Yah, I mentioned the point of the poor example in an earlier post here. Kind of makes one wonder if it was a sort of back handed compliment from some sort of "purest woodworker" that frowns on anything other than hand carved pieces.

deemon328
01-13-2008, 01:15 PM
It's possible, but it's not like FWW is all about carving or is anti-power tool. I think it's more likely that they were too impatient to use best quality mode and learn to get the best results.

Jeff_Birt
01-13-2008, 01:53 PM
I think it's more likely that they were too impatient to use best quality mode and learn to get the best results.

Kind of describes the average new machine owner, no? :)