PDA

View Full Version : Board too thick to cut

Vic
01-12-2008, 06:24 PM
Got the machine 4 days ago, carves great but when I try to cut or miter (3/4" board) it goes through all the steps then says board to thick to cut. I have the latest software and tech support had me remove the ribbon cable on the z track but still have the same problem. Has anyone else had this problem?

Vic
01-14-2008, 08:37 PM
:cool:
Got the machine 4 days ago, carves great but when I try to cut or miter (3/4" board) it goes through all the steps then says board to thick to cut. I have the latest software and tech support had me remove the ribbon cable on the z track but still have the same problem. Has anyone else had this problem?
Ok just incase someone else has the same problem here is a temporary fix. Put a dime on the Board tracking encoder assembly. It is a new machine so I hope Carvewright will send me parts to fix it right.

Jeff_Birt
01-14-2008, 10:08 PM
Thanks for following up with the fix Vic. I seem to recall something about gluing a dime there back when a firmware bug caused the cutting but to dig in. Was the top of your tracking sensor damaged?

Also a few more questions: how far does your cutting bit extend from the adapter and does the bit seem to touch down properly on the bit plate.

Vic
01-15-2008, 05:56 PM
:DNot that I could tell. Tech support said something about a piece of plastic on top, not sure what they meant. They really didn't really want to send me a new part (wanted me to leave the dime on) but I insisted on a new part (or at least reimburse me for the dime). The new encoder is in the mail.