PDA

View Full Version : Z-Motor Help

bjwisdom
01-12-2008, 08:11 AM
I just got the new z-motor bundle. I am reinstalling the new one. However, I noticed on the old z-motor there is a small ribbon, but no corresponding connector on the new board. Should I just disconnect the small ribbon, or is there someplace else this should be connected to?

mtylerfl
01-12-2008, 08:21 AM
I just got the new z-motor bundle. I am reinstalling the new one. However, I noticed on the old z-motor there is a small ribbon, but no corresponding connector on the new board. Should I just disconnect the small ribbon, or is there someplace else this should be connected to?

Hello,

Yes, you disconnect the small ribbon - no longer used with the new z motor.

It's kind of hard to get loose - get your hand underneath and pull the ribbon 'straight' down. It will "unplug" and then you can just toss it.

Mikewiz
01-12-2008, 09:28 AM
Hello,

Yes, you disconnect the small ribbon - no longer used with the new z motor.

It's kind of hard to get loose - get your hand underneath and pull the ribbon 'straight' down. It will "unplug" and then you can just toss it.

Hey Michael,

I changed mine about two weeks ago. I left the ribbon cable in place but wraped it in electrical tape first. Do you think I should go back in and remove it or should it be okay with the tape. I've done three projects and no problems yet.

Thanks, Mike

Rickrljones
01-12-2008, 09:43 AM
The cable in question was used to supply data to IC board for the scanner connection. That has been replaced by a external cable. Like the other threads sugguested, tape it up or remove.

Rick

Reset
01-12-2008, 10:08 AM
I just gave it a little tug...and out it came... now it's gone and forgotten :D

Tommy

mtylerfl
01-12-2008, 06:17 PM
Hey Michael,

I changed mine about two weeks ago. I left the ribbon cable in place but wraped it in electrical tape first. Do you think I should go back in and remove it or should it be okay with the tape. I've done three projects and no problems yet.

Thanks, Mike

Hello Mike,

I see no harm in taping it so that it doesn't cause a short or get in the way of the truck travel. However, I did remove mine. (mine took a rather hard tug to remove)

bjwisdom
01-12-2008, 08:31 PM
Well, I got the z bundle installed...then I got a close cover error, found out the cover switch was bad.....then a clear board senor error, cleaned out the sensor and now a z stall. If I can ever get ahold of Service I will be sending it back for thorough servicing. It seems like once I finally make contact with someone service is great....but leaving a message and sending an email appears to be useless.