PDA

View Full Version : Cut Path question

pefries
01-11-2008, 08:47 PM
I am trying to design a side panel for a small piece of furniture. I attempted to draw it when I was using software vs 1.123. I had horrible problems with drawing the lines. They would jump everywhere.
Well, I upgraded to vs 1.125 and drawing the design was EXTREMELY easy. BUT. I can't get the cut path tool to come active on this design. I want to use the cut path to ensure the design is cutout on the outside edge. Can anyone help me identify what the problem is with my design?
I selected a 1/8 cutting bit, and just put a .51 cut depth but the design appears to cut with the line drawing in the middle of the design line, this is not desireable.
Please help.
Thanks,
Paula

hotpop
01-11-2008, 09:51 PM
To create a cut path you must have a closed path

You cannot connect a mirrored path and get a single closed shape.

You have 2 options:
1. Delete one of your line paths and draw the other end until your last line joins the end point of the of your first half. Then you can use cut path.

2. Increase all your dimensions by 1/16"

Option 1 would be the best way to go then your outer edges of the board will remain attached with little tabs.

If you need help with it send me a PM and I will fix it for you.

hotpop
01-11-2008, 11:40 PM
pefries

I decided to go ahead and fixed it. I reduced the radius dimensions slightly to smooth out the tangents.

I used option #1

pefries
01-12-2008, 02:14 PM
Hotpop

Thank you very much for the explaination and the fix. I'll be playing with it today. I'll let you know how it goes. if this works then it will save me a tremendous amount of time.

Thanks