PDA

View Full Version : What could we be doing better?

deemon328
01-11-2008, 04:17 PM
I was just thinking about all the common issues I want to avoid on my second machine. I was considering gluing down the L2 coil, monitoring the flexshaft this time instead of pre-lubricating it, not using compressed air at all this time for fear of blowing it into the board sensor and other things like that.

Then it occurred to me; is the information available on the CW forum our own worst enemy? How did the designers of the machine use it in a way that didn't create all of these problems? What things did they do because it was automatic for them that we as end users are missing? Did they really meticulously clean the machine after every carve or did they just let it go?

Perhaps some of you original beta guys might have some insight there. Do you think the procedures that are common on the web site now further the lifespan of the machine, or are we hurting ourselves by trying too hard to maintain it?

mtylerfl
01-11-2008, 06:45 PM
Hello Dustin,

The January '08 issue of the CarveWright Tips & Tricks will feature an excellent guide and numerous helpful tips for maintaining our 'precious' machines! (It was written by someone we all know here from the Forum - but I'll keep that a suprise for you!)

Anyone who has registered to be on the CarveWright "mailing list" should be receiving the January Tips & Tricks in their email within a few days.

I think you'll find the article very helpful and informative.

deemon328
01-11-2008, 08:25 PM
Cool, thanks very much!