PDA

View Full Version : Mpc

Sawdust607
01-11-2008, 02:40 PM
Bt my question you can tell that I am new. but is there anyway to change a MPC to a PTN???

Thank you
Sawdust607

Dale in Anaheim
01-11-2008, 03:46 PM
The short answer is, no.

BobHill
01-15-2008, 10:28 AM
Sawdust,
Although Dale is correct, I have to ask why you'd wish to change an MPC into a PTN when you can do anything you need with the MPC to begin with that you can do with a PTN, only you aren't as limited, if vector is involved (no vector in a PTN)?
Bob

Digitalwoodshop
01-15-2008, 01:17 PM
You can copy and paste parts of a MPC into a new board...... Almost like having a ptn....

I group a bunch of MPC patterns on one board for handy use.

AL

mtylerfl
01-15-2008, 02:18 PM
Sawdust,
Although Dale is correct, I have to ask why you'd wish to change an MPC into a PTN when you can do anything you need with the MPC to begin with that you can do with a PTN, only you aren't as limited, if vector is involved (no vector in a PTN)?
Bob

Hello Bob,

It would simply be a matter of some convenience to be able to save an element from an mpc to a ptn. The pattern (ptn) would then appear in the pattern list.

I organize my pattern list with category folders, listing the "main type" and then place the appropriate patterns in sub-folders within that main type.

Example:
Animals (Main folder category)
l
L sub-folder categories (in alphabetical order)
l
Bears
l
Deer
l
Elk
l
Fish
l
Moose
l
Rabbits
l
Raccoons
l
Wolves

Organizing in this fashion makes it extremely easy and quick to find exactly what pattern I'm looking for.

Whereas, an mpc might have several pattern elements...animals, trees, flowers, whatever and I am forced to "remember" which mpc has what patterns. Makes it much more time-consuming to find a particular pattern element - especially if I don't recall "which" mpc has "what" on it!

As a person's inventory of patterns and mpc's grows, it becomes increasingly more important to keep things well organized so you can find what you need without a lot of fuss searching, searching, searching...

Having the ability to save an element from an mpc into an individual pattern (ptn) would help immensely to keep a neat and tidy pattern list organized and potentially save a lot of time and hassle for the user.

Kenm810
01-15-2008, 03:02 PM
Now I know why my file system wasn't working
I didn't have the sub-folder categories only the alphabetical order http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_wink.gif

A Bears
A Deer
A Drill
A Elk
A Fish
A Moose
A Rabbit
A Raccoon
A Rose
A Truck
A Wolf

Just Kidding http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_razz.gif

pkunk
01-15-2008, 06:04 PM
Whereas, an mpc might have several pattern elements...animals, trees, flowers, whatever and I am forced to "remember" which mpc has what patterns. Makes it much more time-consuming to find a particular pattern element - especially if I don't recall "which" mpc has "what" on it!

As a person's inventory of patterns and mpc's grows, it becomes increasingly more important to keep things well organized so you can find what you need without a lot of fuss searching, searching, searching...

Having the ability to save an element from an mpc into an individual pattern (ptn) would help immensely to keep a neat and tidy pattern list organized and potentially save a lot of time and hassle for the user.
I rename my MPC's with additional elements...IE Cabin w/ trees + elk & deer. Problem solved.

mtylerfl
01-15-2008, 10:25 PM
I rename my MPC's with additional elements...IE Cabin w/ trees + elk & deer. Problem solved.

That would indeed help. Thank you for the great suggestion!