PDA

View Full Version : Card Upload

Dirtydan
01-11-2008, 01:36 PM
I have not seen anything like this on the forum, so I'll ask....

Has anyong had a problem with the project uploaded to the card not being the same as the project in Designer?

I just upload and started to carve a project that I had used the Cut-path option on. In Designer everything lookd GREAT!!! But when the carving starts, it never asked for the 1/8" cutter bit, it just started carveing as if there was no cut-path option selected. When I pulled up the carving list, Cut-path is there... so something happend between Designer and the upload to the card.

I just pulled the project up and the cut-path was still being shown in designer, but when I uploaded it to the card, after the project was compiled, it removed the cut-path and loaded the entier board.

Any Ideas????

kwyjibo67
01-11-2008, 02:04 PM
This sounds similar to an issue I had with disappearing cut paths in 1.125. When I uploaded to the card I could see the paths actually disappear in the background. I did post a thread on this, but did not find a solution. I went back to 1.120 to get it done. I believe someone responded in my thread that LHR is working on this. Try a search on "paths disappearing"

Dirtydan
01-11-2008, 03:09 PM
I have a call into Carvewright and sent them my file.

Playing with it some more, I've noticed the following:
If you upload the file with either the "Manual Jig" or "Auto Jig" the cut-path appears to remain in place as planned. When you select "Ignore" (which I've always used in the past with 1.120) the cut-path is removed.

I haven't attempted to carve the pattern using the "Manual or Auto Jig" options yet, I want to hear from the Software folks at Carvewright first. No need to waste more Oak... If I don't hear from them soon, I might just flip the board I messed up and see what happens in the first few minutes... but would rather have an answer for the Carvewright folks first... so I can just get the project done...

This sounds similar to an issue I had with disappearing cut paths in 1.125. When I uploaded to the card I could see the paths actually disappear in the background. I did post a thread on this, but did not find a solution. I went back to 1.120 to get it done. I believe someone responded in my thread that LHR is working on this. Try a search on "paths disappearing"

Mikewiz
01-11-2008, 03:15 PM
Hey,

I've had this problem ever since I up graded to 1.125. I have to load projects to the card 2-3 times before the cut path loads in. I've called lhr about this and said they haven't heard anyone else having this problem. Also said they didn't know if it was a problem with 1.125. I also only use the ignore option too.

Mikewiz

Dan-Woodman
01-11-2008, 04:08 PM
Do we all have to get on here before they figure out we all have problems.
I put a simple circle on my board in designer and then added another smaller one inside and Bam the larger one dissapears.

later Daniel

Dirtydan
01-11-2008, 05:00 PM
Well I've just found another issue... It appeard that it doesn't matter weather you select "Ignore", "Manual or Auto Jig", the cut-path may or may not be dropped. What ever it is, it's Ramdom... With more Cut-Path drops than not...

One thing to verify the Cut-Path was included in the upload is the time to carve... It wil be much longer if the Cut-path actually made it to the card... plus the display should remain as you designed it after the upload is complete...

Do we all have to get on here before they figure out we all have problems.
I put a simple circle on my board in designer and then added another smaller one inside and Bam the larger one dissapears.

later Daniel