PDA

View Full Version : Sears Warranty's for sale!

Gary Koval
01-10-2008, 08:03 AM
After reading the recent posts about the Sears warranty's being purchased by forum members when purchasing new machines, I called Sears last night and found out that I could purchase a three year warranty for my machine which was purchased in Sept. '07 for $265.48 (pro rated) + tax. When I informed the salesperson that I tried to purchase the warranty in Sept.'07, and they were not selling them at that point, she advised that if I wanted to I could post date it to Sept '07 for $226.78 + $17.58 (tax) for a total of $244.36. I did, and now I'm good until Sep. 5, '10. She advised that the machine would have to be returned to Sears for any warranty work, and they (Sears) would then return it to the manufacturer, for repairs.
I have not had any problems in the past with the few extended warranty's that I have purchased from them. Hopefully, that will continue. With some of the problems, not many, that I have experienced with my CompuCarve, I just feel better knowing that I have a warranty to fall back on for the forseeable future.
Gary

mtylerfl
01-10-2008, 08:10 AM
Hello Gary,

That sounds great.

Have you verified that information with LHR, to make sure the extended warranty is for real now?

Be wonderful if it's true.

Paul Brown
01-10-2008, 10:04 AM
Gary, I called my Sears dealer where I purchased my machine back in June of last year. They said again that did not offer an extended warranty at this time. This is in Texas. Another guy from this area also purchased a machine (@same store) last month and he told me that he also purchased the extended warranty. Thats when Sears told me that they still did not offer any extended warranty. I then contacted LHR and asked what was the whole truth. The lady (Michelle, I think) told me that they still do not honor the extended warranty. Just curious to

upcedar
01-10-2008, 10:13 AM
I just called the Sear's in Green Bay, Wi - The offer is $219. 3 - years and $299.00 for five years... OMG :rolleyes:

Paul Brown
01-10-2008, 10:23 AM
Gary, I called my Sears dealer where I purchased my machine back in June of last year. They said again that did not offer an extended warranty at this time. This is in Texas. Another guy from this area also purchased a machine (@same store) last month and he told me that he also purchased the extended warranty. Thats when Sears told me that they still did not offer any extended warranty. I then contacted LHR and asked what was the whole truth. The lady (Michelle, I think) told me that they still do not honor the extended warranty. She did tell me that if and when they do start honor it, that there would be an official memorandum posted here on the website. But I'm sure gonna call again and see if they offer it here, even if you have to take it back to Sears for them to send it back, it would be well worth your money.

Paul Brown
01-10-2008, 10:27 AM
sorry for postin twice

Gary Koval
01-10-2008, 10:36 AM
After speaking with a salesperson of Sears at 1-800-4-MY-HOME. She advises that if Sears can't fix the machine that it would be replaced. She said that if I need warranty work, I take it to my nearest Sears repair center, they then send it to Texas for repair, She assured me that they (Sears) have an agreement with the manufacturer to repair these machines for the life of the contract OR, the machine will be replaced. I don't know if the persons that we communicate on a daily basis at LHR can verify this, but with the replacement guarantee- it seems to make it worth the money to me anyway.
Gary

al2888dj
01-10-2008, 12:12 PM
sears in va. said they would give Warranty also 3 to 5 years

tstryk
01-10-2008, 12:37 PM
They probably just pay LHR whatever it costs to fix it - just an insurance policy issued by sears. I have a friend that rents band instruments and he does the same thing - and overall he makes money.