PDA

View Full Version : eratic carving

Ron
01-10-2008, 05:26 AM
Hey all,I was doing a cribbage board and all seemed to be going well.After it finished the holes werent lined up as they were in designer.I used someones pattern out of the forums
looked straight,most of the holes were lined up but some were off.I had it stay under rollers,everything seems tight.Looked in search under eratic carving didnt see anything,I know ive seen other people that have had this problem but cant find it,any help would be appreciated.

Kenm810
01-10-2008, 06:38 AM
Hi Ron,

I've run in to the same problem a few times myself,
in my case I was able to trace most of it to the project board or sled slipping on the Traction Belts or Board Sensor, the bottom of the board was to smooth or to slick. I was able to solve those problems by scuffing the bottoom of the board or sled with course sand paper or by adding a couple or strips of painters masking tape to the outter edges of the project where it makes contact with the Board Sensor. The last time it happened, it turned out to be a loose screws on the "Z" truck, causing the chuck and bit to wobble. Also a few folks mentioned the project board binding from the guide plate being to tight or the project board's sides not being parallel from end to end. Hope this helps a little.

Ron
01-10-2008, 05:24 PM
thanx Ken that gives me something to go on,i'll try again