PDA

View Full Version : Compitition!

Mikewiz
01-08-2008, 06:07 PM
Hey,

Got my new Rockler catalog today and found this New cnc router for sale. Doesn't look like it can match the cc/cw. And the price is more and doesn't look like it comes with the router, you need to buy it separate. Also You need to connect it directly to your computer.

pkunk
01-08-2008, 06:31 PM
Mfg. version is a little different. Must be a special edition for Rockler.http://www.thegemmarket.com/documents/43.html
It does look interresting but I wonder what the software is like.

dwbox
01-08-2008, 07:17 PM
The Shark has been out there for a while. I've got plans/blueprints to build the same basic system. It's a three axis system using stepper motors. I felt like with all the software, etc, I was spending too much money on an unknown. Perhaps if I had worked with CNC machines before, I would have felt different. BTW - you can find similar products on eBay.

upcedar
01-08-2008, 07:17 PM
I remember making them cnc's on kitchen tables - ha! There's plans all over the internet to build your own, but you have to work with G-Code software, so much easier with C/W. Rick :cool:

Router-Jim
01-08-2008, 09:57 PM
I'm sure glad we don't have to have the CarveWright/CompuCarves hooked directly to a computer like the CNC Shark. Surprised they didn't use a flash card. :confused: